Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Magpul CTR vs. MOE

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)

Magpul CTR vs. MOE

Well, to start, I did do a good bit of searching the forums here with google, and while I did find a lot of interesting info, there was no thread I could find that specifically compared these two stocks.

So anyway, the two stocks I'm looking at right now, are the CTR and MOE from Magpul. Bascially, the one big question I have is, is the CTR really worth the extra $20-30?

I'm personally leaning a bit more toward the CTR- with the massively widespread use I'm seeing, there must be something more right with it than the MOE (or maybe it's just that the MOE is newer?). And I kind of like the idea of the extra friction clamp to eliminate wiggling. A couple places I've also read that the MOE is a bit on the small side...? But I've also read/heard a fair amount of people say that the MOE is just as tight and generally good as the CTR.

I honestly wouldn't mind either, but I'd hate to get the MOE, than a few years down the road wish I'd gotten the CTR. Or the reverse. I'm pretty confident in Magpul's general quality- I'd just like to get it right the first time, for a change.
    Last edited by Jellybean; 06-28-10 at 00:48.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    CTR hands down. the moe will be the same as all of the standard 5 pos stocks (will have wobble).

The CTR's friction lock makes is solid with nearly zero wobble (better shooting platform)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have multiples of both and when I'm actually shooting, I can never tell the difference between the two types. Different story when I'm just fingerbanging the rifles. I stick to the MOE now to save money and use LMT receiver extensions to keep the fit on the tight side.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    got mine (moe) from a member on here (belmont) and it works great. i love it so much.
    Last edited by tobasco; 06-28-10 at 01:19.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Personally I really like the CTR for the friction lock. It is rock-solid still with it engaged. Also the CTR has a QD swivel mount on it - not sure how important that is to you. But in the end: your build, your money, your preference.
    "We are oft to blame in this / 'Tis too much proved -- that with devotion's visage / And pious action we do sugar o'er / The devil himself."
    Μολὼν λαβέ | NRA Lifetime Member

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    This was also a question that I had on the CTR vs. MOE stock, glad someone posted it and hopefully will have good responses to help with my decision also.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Thumbs up CTR

I had a ctr and to tell you the truth 90% of the time i forgot to engage the friction lock but hey why not spend the extra $ depends on your economic situation i would say

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I have owned both, and going forward I only buy MOE. I do not have a need for the QD sling swivel and would only buy a CTR if I did. I find the concern over "stock wobble" to be completely unnoticeable in actual shooting, and the MOE is tighter than the standard M4 stock anyway. If I need a stock that locks up 100% I use the UBR.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I've got 2 of each and as posted above can't tell the difference when shooting. The lock means nothing to me. I do like the QD's for my slings but since getting rid of everything but the Blue Force Gear 2 points there's no reason to switch them out for the dreaded single point anymore. The MOE is the way to go, IMHO.
    "The peace we have within us is most often expressed in how we treat others"

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Thanks for posting this. My upper (BCM) arrives today and was wondering which stock to put on the lower and was deciding between the CTR and the MOE. I have a MOE on another build and really like it. No sense switching I guess

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast