Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: M4C/VICKERS Carbine AAR

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Larry:
    Thanks for the scoop on Ken's gun, I'd seen him teach before with that NH Talon. Last time he was here, he had a NH Vickers 1911.

I also admired the revolver guy. I thought about taking a class or part of a class with a wheel gun, but never had the balls to do it because it's a lot of work. You have to reload twice or three times more than the double stack 9mm shooters, then you have to refill the speedloaders. For the moonclip shooter, he had to demoon the little stars, that's 3 process to get your gear up and running.

For the folks who want to train with LAV, get a plan, get your group together and someone take charge and put together a class at your location. Larry is a pleasure to work with and like you see here, you won't be disappointed.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Larry:
    Thanks for the scoop on Ken's gun, I'd seen him teach before with that NH Talon. Last time he was here, he had a NH Vickers 1911.

I also admired the revolver guy. I thought about taking a class or part of a class with a wheel gun, but never had the balls to do it because it's a lot of work. You have to reload twice or three times more than the double stack 9mm shooters, then you have to refill the speedloaders. For the moonclip shooter, he had to demoon the little stars, that's 3 process to get your gear up and running.

For the folks who want to train with LAV, get a plan, get your group together and someone take charge and put together a class at your location. Larry is a pleasure to work with and like you see here, you won't be disappointed.
    Wheelgun man had 3? fullmoon reloads on his belt and would not hold anyone up with his reloading skill. 8 round Smith meant he was not reloading anymore than 1911 guys.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Mr. Vickers

Mr. Vickers,
    I noted in a class photo that you are running the VCAS at the rear of the rail near the delta ring and attatched through the rear of the sling. Am I seeing this correctly?

Are you using a fixed side sling adapter or one that has movement. Additionally what advice can you offer as far as set up of the VCAS. Ashley is good people I trained in a class with him prior to the VCAS coming out.

I am running the VCAS now. What are some of the frequent issues you see with the sling in classes? Too long, too short. that sort of thing..

Thank you for the time. Come to Sothern Exposure in Lakeland so we can get some LAV training down this way.

Stay Safe.

Feedback Score

Just Right

Optimum situation. Larry Vickers, Ken Hackathron, strongly motivated class, organization by Grant, some night/light work, good range layout and real stories. The only glitch was everyone wanted more. The improvement curve went way up universally.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567