Thread: Century Arms Ar15/Possible Purchase

Feedback Score

Century Arms Ar15/Possible Purchase

Need help on an impending purchase. I have been offered a used Century Arms Ar15 with fixed stock/no goodies attached for $350-$400. Is this a good buy and what are your thoughts on Century? Safety? Dependability? Possible resale value? I know nothing about AR 15's...it seems like a really good deal. Thanks for any info/experiences.

Feedback Score
    I think for the most part, these are Guatemalan military surplus parts, mated to a Century contracted lower, (no idea who makes them). I shot one at a group shoot - just a few mags and it ran fine. I think the owner paid about $500.00 for it. The only thing I noticed about the rifle was the ground down bolt, (Century monkeys need to go to grinder school - get it: monkey - grinder?). Most of what I have seen from Century looks pretty second-rate. This rifle looked good, fired good and was accurate enough. No telling how many rounds are on the barrel you'll be getting, but if you can score this rifle for $350.00, it may be worth a whirl...

Good luck

Feedback Score
    I think century used some olympic cast receivers years ago. Not sure if the rifle your looking at is one.

Feedback Score
    I had a brand new one come through the shop to get it to run. I wouldnt buy one for 300.00
    Im Shihan of Shihan Gear.