Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LMT .308 MWS on the way

Feedback Score

Smile LMT .308 MWS on the way

I just purchased an LMT .308 MWS. It was not done easily. The purchase was the largest amount I have ever paid for one firearm. I had searched for sometime and narrowed it down to this rifle.
    I considered price, function, quality, size, past experience and a whole host of other factors.
    I have had an LMT AR 5.56 with a LaRue rail for many years and it has never failed me once. This includes several urban rifle courses.
    I have read and talked to several others that own this rifle as well as others that had wished they had waited and purchased the LMT.
    There are many other .308 AR platforms out there but this one covered all the bases for me.
    I wanted an AR platform (I have a new in the box Walnut M1A Springfield Scout that I will be selling as I purchased on impulse) due to its like function, maintenance and like operation of my other ARs that I have had (active duty Army, 22 years, tough to teach an old dog new tricks) over the years.
    The rifle should be here the end of the week and maybe out to the range in the very near future.
    My next purchase sometime down the road will be a nice scope. Which will also be another first. (always irons until the aimpoint came along). I have a very cheap scope that was given to me that I will mount or just use irons for the near future.
    The rifle itself will be used for target and possibly a hog hunt or two when I get to Texas for some leave.
    This was my 4th of July Independence present to myself, I could not think of any better way to celebrate, ./
    Any and all experience or advise is always welcome.

Duty station here....duty station there...
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I'm jealous. How much did you pay for it?
    "A wise man's heart inclines him to the right, but a fool's heart to the left." -Ecclesiastes 10:2

Glock Armorer
    Sig Sauer Armorer
    Colt M16/M4 Armorer
    Remington 870/11-87 Armorer
    Firearms Instructor

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    You may want to consider a mid priced 3-9X40 scope. Nikon Monarch with Larue mount. Larue is the gold standard for mounts. There are many good 3-9's. Good luck with your new rifle. Many will choose a 1-4 scope, which also makes good sense for this rifle. Go to the Optics section to study glass if you wish.

Good luck and stay safe.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Congrats. KAC also makes a great mount as well. You're getting a great gun, enjoy it and give us an AAR when you're done.
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by awmp View Post
    I just purchased an LMT .308 MWS.
    The rifle should be here the end of the week
    So where did you buy it that you're getting it so quickly? Or has LMT caught up on production?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
    I'm jealous. How much did you pay for it?
    I would like to know but it would probably make a Whore blush..

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TXSUT View Post
    So where did you buy it that you're getting it so quickly? Or has LMT caught up on production?
    I'm guessing he got one off Gunbroker. If you don't mind paying $2500 and want it now, that's about the only place thats got them.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ !

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bc5000 View Post
    If you don't mind paying $2500 and want it now, that's about the only place thats got them.
    Yep, that's how I got mine.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bc5000 View Post
    I'm guessing he got one off Gunbroker. If you don't mind paying $2500 and want it now, that's about the only place thats got them.
    $2500 is fair....there is not a whole lot of places that are selling them cheaper than that and the places that are, well, are out of stock for an indetermined amount of time.

Try Lucy Creek Arms in Texas...he got a bunch in last week. I got mine from him for $2500. Considering the LaRue and KAC are more expensive, this is a very good price.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titleist View Post
    Congrats. KAC also makes a great mount as well. You're getting a great gun, enjoy it and give us an AAR when you're done.
    Why would you recommend a KAC mount over a LaRue mount???? LOL.j/k.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast