Thread: Surefire KX4 (KX4D)

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)

Surefire KX4 (KX4D)

I was checking the Surefire site last night and came across these new High Output LED Flashlight Heads:
    http://www.surefire.com/KX4-LED-Conversion-Head

I have already retrofitted my Surefires with the P60L reflectors, but apparently Surefire has discontinued them and is now offering the replacement heads.
    Anyone have any experience with these yet? There is reference to the heads on www.candlepowerforums but I was hoping/looking for real world tactical experience...
    Last edited by demkofour; 07-06-10 at 08:27.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    hope that helps...

Feedback Score
    I upgraded my 6P LED with one of the KX4 assemblies and I have been very happy with it. In my opinion the throw of the light has been increased pretty substantially. Also, to me it seems like there is a better spill of light, if that makes sense. It increased the lumen output on my 6P LED by 40 lumens if I'm not mistaken. I hope that helps
    Last edited by Mike123; 08-18-10 at 22:57. Reason: corrected spelling
    "Death smiles at us all, all we can do is smile back."

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    I have one on an old Z2 body that I modernized. It does run pretty cool, the bezel does not heat up very much. So that should increase the life.

I really do not see a lot of difference between it and the P-60L LED. The color, throw and spill look about the same to me.

Not bad for $48 shipped.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Wish it was brighter than 120 lumens.

Feedback Score
    I think they went with a complete assembly because it was more effective. The integrated alloy head of the KX4 dissipates heat, prolonging the life of the LED. The older P60L drop-in was rated at 80 lumens and was actually brighter than that initially but would drop somewhat when ran continuously with the Nitrolon head due to it's thermal properties.

A Surefire Rep. said they have higher output heads in the works.