Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need help guys.

Feedback Score
    As a fellow LE I say it's time to retire at least the upper. Keep it for training, plinking whatever, but as others have said you're on borrowed time and as someone whose life may depend on the rifle you need something that's going to go bang.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for all the imput guys. Yea I think the rifle is on barrowed time. I think if it wasn't for my bi-weekly maint. regime (some may see this as excessive) my rifle would not be where it is now. All my fellow officers think I just bought it but its currently 6 years old. I don't think I'm gonna sell it, call me sentamental I guess. Lets talk a new one then. DD lower from G&R tactical (since its a beveled magwell can i still run my BF Redi-mod?) Dunno which LPK to go with. BCM 14.5 Middy DD Lite 9 rail, BCM gunfighter, Crane Stock, Spikes T2 buffer, BCM BCG. This, just like my bushy, is going to be an LEO partol rifle. So any ideas, changes to my list, or experiences good/bad with my list let me know.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleTap0311 View Post
    Thanks for all the imput guys. Yea I think the rifle is on barrowed time. I think if it wasn't for my bi-weekly maint. regime (some may see this as excessive) my rifle would not be where it is now. All my fellow officers think I just bought it but its currently 6 years old. I don't think I'm gonna sell it, call me sentamental I guess. Lets talk a new one then. DD lower from G&R tactical (since its a beveled magwell can i still run my BF Redi-mod?) Dunno which LPK to go with. BCM 14.5 Middy DD Lite 9 rail, BCM gunfighter, Crane Stock, Spikes T2 buffer, BCM BCG. This, just like my bushy, is going to be an LEO partol rifle. So any ideas, changes to my list, or experiences good/bad with my list let me know.
    sounds like a good list, I would look at Mega for the lower, I have about 10 dif manufacturers of lowers and the forged Mega is by far the best fit and finish and for $100-115 you cant go wrong.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    I think he needs to send it back to Bushamster for examination. I think this is the first I have ever heard of a BM firing over 30K rounds virtually maintenance free. Simply amazing.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleTap0311 View Post
    Well to be honest I haven't replaced anything yet. Ive inspected parts for problems but have not come up with any. I would just like to overhaul it before I start to see problems. Im currently a LEO and I qual just fine, any error is mere shooter induced as far as accuracy. I was looking at a BCM bolt, but would i encounter any problems as far as chambering with a different companies bolt. If that the case though would I be alright with going with a complete new upper or would a new lower be in order. Its just that Im new to the whole custom realm of ARs. I have a rail and the basics, I'm just looking for buget friendly advanced options and upgrades.
    BCM bolt is good as well as Daniel Defense, anything that's made out of the proper military spec metal and is MPI. Replace all springs including the buffer spring and replace your gas tube while your at it.

Don't forget to check head spacing before using the new bolt, do not fire until you have confirmed head spacing with any new bolt in your weapon.

Far as the barrel, if It's still shooting great, no need to change it, but it would be wise. Your call.
    Last edited by ContractSoldier; 07-09-10 at 06:47.

Feedback Score
    Just found this old thread....

My 2 cents...

Your lower is fine, I'd just replace the action spring.

I'd go ahead and buy a whole new upper w/ BCG from BCM. Swap out BUIS and optics if applicable, zero it and run it for another 30k or so .

BTW, I had a Post ban Bushy HBAR that made it to 12k before the bolt broke, replaced it with a LMT upper and BCG, that one started throwing keyholes after about 7k, then I replaced that one with a BCM w BCB that's still going strong, but I've only got 3k through that one so far ...

-dave

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12