Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Where to get a Mass. Compliant Trigger Spring for the M&P.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    860
    Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

    Where to get a Mass. Compliant Trigger Spring for the M&P.

    I got my DCAEK installed but Im finding the trigger pull alittle too light for comfort. I called S&W but they dont have a part number for the Mass. spring so they cant order it. Anyone know where to get this part?

    Also if anyone else is running this combo, whats the trigger pull weight with the Mass. trigger spring + Apex DCAEK installed? This is for a M&P9 FS.
    Last edited by vicious_cb; 07-09-10 at 18:17.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    161
    Feedback Score
    0
    I run an Apex sear,Apex FSB, Apex FSB spring and Mass. TRS on two 9FS's. Get 6.5# on one, 6.8# on another. I don't use the Apex sear spring.

    You can generally get Mass. TRS's from any gunsmith in Mass. that does trigger jobs. They have plenty of them.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    2,003
    Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I would be interested in getting one or two, maybe three. I know someone else who would get 2 more.
    Dark Star Gear

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    860
    Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Anyone know of a MA smith willing to take orders?
    Last edited by vicious_cb; 07-10-10 at 07:16.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The Greatest Planet in the Universe
    Posts
    2,613
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    Anyone know of a MA smith willing to take orders?
    I called Dan Burwell (in PA) and purchased a couple for, like, $8 or so.
    Last edited by Mjolnir; 07-10-10 at 10:32.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    14
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    I got my DCAEK installed but Im finding the trigger pull alittle too light for comfort. I called S&W but they dont have a part number for the Mass. spring so they cant order it. Anyone know where to get this part?
    Also if anyone else is running this combo, whats the trigger pull weight with the Mass. trigger spring + Apex DCAEK installed? This is for a M&P9 FS.
    Pardon me if this is a foolish question.

    I know that Mass. has complicated gun laws regarding what you can buy ,
    But does the state require special parts/ standards for guns you ALREADY OWN

    .

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    161
    Feedback Score
    0
    No Mass. doesn't have laws regarding personally owned pistols. Manufacturers can only sell guns within stringent rules. Hence the existence of a Mass. TRS.

    To meet the requirements S&W uses a heavier TRS (among other things). Some folks just want a heavier trigger and the Mass. TRS is a welcomed option.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    People's Republic of Massachusetts
    Posts
    99
    Feedback Score
    0
    Here in MA, there are only penalties for a licensed dealer who sells a "non-compliant" handgun. Once you purchase that handgun, you can do anything you want to it.

    And, it is not illegal to own a non-compliant handgun. So, if you move here from out of state, or an LEO sells one he purchased, it's completely legal.

    The law was put into effect to hurt FFL's more than anything.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    265
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Wait...run that by me again. If I moved to MA (something I've been avoiding at least in part because I thought I'd have to leave my guns behind), I can take my Glocks with me?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The Greatest Planet in the Universe
    Posts
    2,613
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsebens View Post
    Wait...run that by me again. If I moved to MA (something I've been avoiding at least in part because I thought I'd have to leave my guns behind), I can take my Glocks with me?
    Calmly back away from the wookie...

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    265
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Ok...first, I shaved yesterday, so while I might look a little scruffy, I'm not sure I'm Wookie-quality yet.

    Second, my wife's from MA, and that's where all her family is. I was unwilling to move there (from Ohio) because I didn't want to leave behind my firearms (Glocks and ARs, mostly). She's recently graduated from school, so we're looking at moving; if MA is an option after all, I'd like to know.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    People's Republic of Massachusetts
    Posts
    99
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jsebens View Post
    Ok...first, I shaved yesterday, so while I might look a little scruffy, I'm not sure I'm Wookie-quality yet.

    Second, my wife's from MA, and that's where all her family is. I was unwilling to move there (from Ohio) because I didn't want to leave behind my firearms (Glocks and ARs, mostly). She's recently graduated from school, so we're looking at moving; if MA is an option after all, I'd like to know.
    Yes, bring them along, BUT, not any full-cap mags that are not pre Sept 13, 1994. Oh, and before you move here, buy more Glocks and never fire them. Especially G30's, G34, G35, G21SF, G26, G27 definately Gen 4 Glocks, too. You can do 4 private sales per year here on state FA-10 forms and for the G30, 21SF and Gen 4 Glocks, you'll be able to get $700+ each for them, with 10 round mags, of course.

    I just sold a used Gen 2 G21 for $550, and a used G27 for another $550. If the G27 is MA "compliant", shops sell them for $750 used all day.

    HK's bring big money here, too. Basically, anything you can't buy here, bring with you. People go crazy here paying outrageous prices for guns not because they are "better" than what we have, but because they are told they can't have them!

    AR's, now that's a different story. If they are post-Sept 13, 1994, they can't have collapsable stocks, flash hiders or bayonet lugs, and their mags have to be 10 round or pre-ban. Basically, if it was legal during the ban, it's legal here now.

    Hope this helps.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    265
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Yikes; thank you for the explanation/education. Sounds like it wouldn't quite be the disaster I had imagined, but it'd be hard to replace all the G19 and AR mags with old ones.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgleg44 View Post
    Yes, bring them along, BUT, not any full-cap mags that are not pre Sept 13, 1994. Oh, and before you move here, buy more Glocks and never fire them. Especially G30's, G34, G35, G21SF, G26, G27 definately Gen 4 Glocks, too. You can do 4 private sales per year here on state FA-10 forms and for the G30, 21SF and Gen 4 Glocks, you'll be able to get $700+ each for them, with 10 round mags, of course.

    I just sold a used Gen 2 G21 for $550, and a used G27 for another $550. If the G27 is MA "compliant", shops sell them for $750 used all day.

    HK's bring big money here, too. Basically, anything you can't buy here, bring with you. People go crazy here paying outrageous prices for guns not because they are "better" than what we have, but because they are told they can't have them!

    AR's, now that's a different story. If they are post-Sept 13, 1994, they can't have collapsable stocks, flash hiders or bayonet lugs, and their mags have to be 10 round or pre-ban. Basically, if it was legal during the ban, it's legal here now.

    Hope this helps.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    People's Republic of Massachusetts
    Posts
    99
    Feedback Score
    0
    When I left law enforcement for a private security job, I thought the same thing. All I had to do was post on a few different forums that I wanted to trade my LE marked and current production mags for pre-ban mags, one for one, with someone in a free state. You would be surprised at how many people were willing to help out.

    I have 30+ pre-bans for my G19's, G17's, G22, G23's and G20. Most of those were traded, one for one, online for my old restricted mags. Same goes for AR mags. I have 50+ pre-ban USGI, Thermold and Orlite mags kicking around that I traded for.

    Where in MA is your wife from? E. Mass or W. Mass. They are like two completely different states. Out West where I live, LTC's, and even "Green Cards" (license to possess a machinegun) are easy to obtain in most towns. Out east, it's a different story.

    Quote Originally Posted by jsebens View Post
    Yikes; thank you for the explanation/education. Sounds like it wouldn't quite be the disaster I had imagined, but it'd be hard to replace all the G19 and AR mags with old ones.
    Last edited by Hawgleg44; 07-11-10 at 14:38.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The Greatest Planet in the Universe
    Posts
    2,613
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsebens View Post
    Yikes; thank you for the explanation/education. Sounds like it wouldn't quite be the disaster I had imagined, but it'd be hard to replace all the G19 and AR mags with old ones.
    You'd lose the ARs, too...

  16. #16
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    People's Republic of Massachusetts
    Posts
    99
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    You'd lose the ARs, too...
    Why? Yes, if they are post-ban, you would have to modify them, but if you sold them, that would be your choice. Personally, I have five AR's, and have owned 7 others in the past. Some pre-ban, some post-ban in legal configuration.
    Last edited by Hawgleg44; 07-11-10 at 17:47.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Beaufort, SC
    Posts
    791
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsebens View Post
    Ok...first, I shaved yesterday, so while I might look a little scruffy, I'm not sure I'm Wookie-quality yet.

    Second, my wife's from MA, and that's where all her family is. I was unwilling to move there (from Ohio) because I didn't want to leave behind my firearms (Glocks and ARs, mostly). She's recently graduated from school, so we're looking at moving; if MA is an option after all, I'd like to know.

    Instead of moving to The Land of the Kennedys, have you thought about moving to New Hampshire instead? You'd be decently close to the family in Mass and keep your guns as is. Win-Win!
    Last edited by Avenger29; 07-11-10 at 21:06.
    I'm no expert, but I took my CCW course at a Holiday Inn Express

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Paducah, KY
    Posts
    138
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Not to derail the derail... lol... but I got my springs from Mike Larocca, at Larocca Gun Works. Called him up, asked him if he had any, and he sent them right out after giving him the payment info. Super nice guy, very willing to help.
    "Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it have never known it again." - Ronald Wilson Reagan, 40th President of the United States

  19. #19
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    People's Republic of Massachusetts
    Posts
    99
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Avenger29 View Post
    Instead of moving to The Land of the Kennedys, have you thought about moving to New Hampshire instead? You'd be decently close to the family in Mass and keep your guns as is. Win-Win!
    Yes, a much better idea. If they are from W. Mass, Vermont is a better choice (I've been looking at houses there since I work in Vermont), and if E. Mass, NH would work better for you. And, you can have supressors in NH, unlike MA and VT.
    Last edited by Hawgleg44; 07-11-10 at 22:09.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    265
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    NH is our first choice...but if she ends up with a 1hr+ commute from NH to work, it's probably not ideal. I'd like to be in/near Nashua.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgleg44 View Post
    Yes, a much better idea. If they are from W. Mass, Vermont is a better choice (I've been looking at houses there since I work in Vermont), and if E. Mass, NH would work better for you. And, you can have supressors in NH, unlike MA and VT.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •