Thread: Lever action break-open SXS

Feedback Score

Lever action break-open SXS

My buddy just found this in his fathers closet. It is gorgeous!All I could make out on the lettering was; Louis Pelt sen.It is .20 ga. with approximately 22-24 barrells. It's very ornate, It also has damascus barrells. No exposed hammers. It does have "modern" ejectors for the spent shells.The checkering on the pistal grip and fore-end is worn but was originally more ornate than just regular checkering.Any way I know there are sites that are more geared to this kind of gun but i trust you guys and thought maybe you could help. Sorry I don't have more info. He already headed home. Thanks for any info

Feedback Score
    Oh Man! How could you possibly post something like this and not include pictures?

By lever action, are you meaning a lever action like you'd see on an old Winchester? Is that how you break it open?

Feedback Score
    I'm so sorry. but he was in and out of here in minutes. The wife thing ya' know. Ya it breaks open just like a "cowboy" action gun,but the lever is incredibly and beautifully shaped. Until I really looked at it I had ...Hey I just got back. He stopped back by and let me take some pictures,I suck with a camera and my daughter had to load them on here. I hope they come out.

Feedback Score
    If i may, I think the guys over at accuratereloading.com may be able to help, if you show this over in the Double Rifle forum there are several that collect both rifle and shotguns, from the high end.
    "A shot never fired is always a miss"

Feedback Score
    Neat looking old gun!!! Look around on the net I'm sure you can find something out.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    There will be a wealth of information located on the barrel flats. By removing the forearm the barrels should seperate from the receiver. Then there will be information stamped on the underside of the barrels (the flats). There should be proof marks, guage, length of shell, sometimes makers marks and load information is located there also. There may be some information stamped on the receiver flats also. Many collectors will want pictures of the underside of the barrels to help you out.
    I like franks & beans