Page 2 of 66 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Former Army officer, West Point&Duke grad shot by police

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlelebowski View Post
    His cousin posted in the comments:
    God Damn store clerk started this shit, wow! Sounds like an over reaction by both the clerk and LEOs. Which goes to show that if you are in possession of a CC Permit, you need to make sure in all circumstances, that you are truly concealed, least some dumb ass clerk will set you up to get killed.
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Many people who claim to be witnesses in the comments section below, http://www.8newsnow.com/global/story.asp?s=12785291, contradict the news article and the police report.

Feedback Score
    makes me wonder these days its tough I imagine being a officer cause you get these calls of a crazy man with a gun ? if thats the case and they think it is ?
    these days to many idiots like this guy at costco(maybe) thought it was OK to make a call like this ?
    somehow they have to have a new aproach on calls and make the caller have some responsibility of calling in false calls
    my brother is a prosecutor and has some stories !
    people get pissed at people and call in things that are not true ?

sad very sad

I think this has put a new thought in my head if I get confronted ever at a store for having a gun (yes never let it show first) but if it happens and a clerk sees it or anyone and says something to me I might first say fine lets go talk to the manager about this !!!!
    most managers I dont think are going to take the side of the sales person if they do say fine and call the police myself and tell them the situation
    Last edited by Honu; 07-12-10 at 16:48.

Feedback Score
    ......You get a radio call of a man with a gun at Costco destroying merchandise. You ask your dispatch for more information, like does the man have the gun out or is he simply carrying a gun in a holster? Dispatch says, no further information, but the caller sounded "scared".

You roll up, order the store cleared and see a man matching the description given to you by dispatch, exiting with the rest of the customers. You challenge him, based upon your limited information and order him to the ground, covering him with your pistol in the event he is the crazed lunatic destroying stuff in the store and somehow displaying a gun in the process. Instead of going to the ground he quickly moves, lifts a shirt exposing a gun and begins to reach for it........

Or maybe he was tapped on the shoulder and asked if he was armed, and instead of saying yes and remaining still he did what so many people do in these encounters* and lifted the shirt to show the cops, and it was taken as an aggressive move.

*It is simply amazing to me the amount of people who, when asked if they are armed (knives, guns, etc), will make it their first movement after saying yes is to reach into their pockets or wherever they are carrying in order to display it. I've encountered it so many times that I know begin by saying to them, "if you are don't reach for it, but are you carrying any weapons?".

It is a shame any way it went down, for all intents is sounds like this man was a pretty good guy.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Irish -- what are NV laws on CCW in a place of public accommodation like a business such as Costco?
    • formerly known as "eguns-com"
    • M4Carbine required notice/disclaimer: I run eguns.com
    •eguns.com has not been actively promoted in a long time though I still do Dillon special
    orders, etc. and I have random left over inventory.
    •"eguns.com" domain name for sale (not the webstore). Serious enquiries only.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Guys, I'm positive the police officers that arrived at this Costco did NOT know this guys background or achievements. It certainly sounds like a bad deal but we don't know the facts regardless of what's been posted. There are at least five sides to this story that will need to be put together before we’ll know what happened.

Let's not turn this into a "trigger happy cop" thread.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Biased_Observer View Post
    You roll up, order the store cleared and see a man matching the description given to you by dispatch, exiting with the rest of the customers. You challenge him, based upon your limited information and order him to the ground, covering him with your pistol in the event he is the crazed lunatic destroying stuff in the store and somehow displaying a gun in the process.
    OR
    you roll up and wonder why if a crazed man at Costco was brandishing a firearm you did not get a ton of other calls ?

so you make sure you get ahold of the store manager or have someone doing it while you are responding rather than just evacuating the store ? did they confirm things first ?

also you realize when he is walking out he is just like everyone else girlfriend at his side nobody is staring at him etc.. and realize that maybe the person who reported has a beef with him and just approach him and ask him what's up

if the guy was out of control I think the manager and others would have been calling in not just one clerk ? if I saw a guy brandishing a firearm at costco I would be calling the police and clearing out

maybe in the future as soon as a call like this comes in from a large store they immediately get ahold of managers at the store to confirm what's really going on

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by M4arc View Post
    Guys, I'm positive the police officers that arrived at this Costco did NOT know this guys background or achievements. It certainly sounds like a bad deal but we don't know the facts regardless of what's been posted. There are at least five sides to this story that will need to be put together before we’ll know what happened.

Let's not turn this into a "trigger happy cop" thread.
    Agreed and seconded.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Terrible event for all.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Honu View Post
    OR
    you roll up and wonder why if a crazed man at Costco was brandishing a firearm you did not get a ton of other calls ?

so you make sure you get ahold of the store manager or have someone doing it while you are responding rather than just evacuating the store ? did they confirm things first ?

also you realize when he is walking out he is just like everyone else girlfriend at his side nobody is staring at him etc.. and realize that maybe the person who reported has a beef with him and just approach him and ask him what's up

if the guy was out of control I think the manager and others would have been calling in not just one clerk ? if I saw a guy brandishing a firearm at costco I would be calling the police and clearing out

maybe in the future as soon as a call like this comes in from a large store they immediately get ahold of managers at the store to confirm what's really going on
    Honu, are you a police officer or in law enforcement?

Page 2 of 66 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast