Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nordic Components .22 LR Upper

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Looks like a nice set up. I'm glad they did a completely different bolt than the conversions.
    Maybe I'll get to try one out.
    Good luck with it.
    Independent Field Testing/R & D

Better to die for something than live for nothing

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow65 View Post
    Looks like a nice set up. I'm glad they did a completely different bolt than the conversions.
    Maybe I'll get to try one out.
    Good luck with it.
    I've seen some reports about fliers with these uppers, but I haven't experienced that with mine. Tim at Nordic did a post on arfcom about having burrs at the crown on the first few that were shipped. He seems to think that problem was taken care of pretty early on.

I have 9 different kinds of match/std vel/sub sonic ammo to try in mine and I just ordered 3 more different kinds of match from Midway USA. Along with that, I have CCI Mini Mags, Federal Bulk and Winchester 333s. In my preliminary testing Wolf Match and CCI Std Velocity shot pretty well. Surely out of all of these, something should shoot really well. I hope to do some serious benchrest work in the next couple of weeks and I'll post the results.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    CCI just released a "Tactical" .22 round. Gotta love the "tactical.
    Cabellas is the only place selling it right now. It's about $20 for 375 rounds and is advertised as optimized for AR .22's.
    But reports so far have not been good. FTE's, FTF's and medium accuracy along the lines of Fed Bulk.
    Independent Field Testing/R & D

Better to die for something than live for nothing

Feedback Score
    "Tactical", huh? Does that mean it comes in a black box or what? Sometimes that term is a little over-used!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12