Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: what about ruger???

Feedback Score

what about ruger???

i barely see anything posted about rugers. i have a ruger sr9 and love the gun. its very comfortable shooting and pretty darn accurate.

is there something i dont know that i should about rugers??
    Last edited by ParkisMaximus; 07-14-10 at 18:42.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Yeah right?

B_C

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    How long have you had your SR9?

Feedback Score
    ive had it for abut 2 weeks now, but ive been shooting one for a couple of months. ive been shooting an sr9c though, i wouldnt believe there is that much of a difference.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ParkisMaximus View Post
    i barely see anything posted about rugers. i have a ruger sr9 and love the gun. its very comfortable shooting and pretty darn accurate.

is there something i dont know that i should about rugers??
    I am sure it is fine for shooting dirt.

I would not use it for anything serious.

C4

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I have no experience with Ruger pistols, but i dry fired an SR9 in a gun shop. Pretty bad trigger.
    Last edited by Omega Man; 07-14-10 at 18:46.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
    I have no experience with Ruger pistols, but i dry fired an SR9 in a gun shop. Pretty bad trigger.
    bad trigger as in good or terrible?

ruger recalled alot of SR9s for the trigger, mag release and if dropped on the rear of the gun it might go off. im not sure of the recall date but mine is post recall.

Feedback Score
    It is not a pistol which has been widely adopted by LE or military forces and long tested in high volume. Therefore, it is highly suspect compared to Glocks, M&Ps, HKs etc.

Keep shooting it and report back how it runs. Enjoy. All shootin' is good shootin.
    "Whatever it's for; it wasn't possible until now!!!" - KrampusArms

Feedback Score
    im about to put alot of rounds through it saturday. i def will let yall know.
    Last edited by ParkisMaximus; 07-14-10 at 19:05.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Ruger handguns are fairly popular in my area among those who aren't really serious about handguns.

My experience with Ruger semi-autos has been mixed. Their rimfire semi-autos are very, very good guns especially for the money. Their centerfire autos are more of a mixed bag. Guns like the P89 and P90 have sold for a long time and have even been adopted by a very limited number of police departments. Although bulky, the P90 has some pretty hardcore fans. The guns were nothing to write home about, but all that I tried worked. They were bulky and awkward, had poor triggers...but they went bang.

The polymer guns were a bit of a different story. A friend of mine purchased one in 9mm that developed some serious issues. I believe it was a P95. While shooting it I noticed that the gun had a dangerously light single-action trigger...and a couple of rounds into the mag it went full auto on me. After the second trip back to Ruger he got rid of the gun...replacing it with a Taurus, believe it or not.

Ruger has revamped their handgun line in the last couple of years and the SR9 is a new design along the lines of the Glock and M&P...but Ruger is new to striker-fired handguns and their record on polymer handguns in general hasn't been stellar. I'd personally advise sticking with known quantities like the M&P or the Glock.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast