Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Difference between US and Canadian Colt 6920's?

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Difference between US and Canadian Colt 6920's?

Can anyone advise if there is any difference between Colt 6920's made in Canada and those made in the US? Specifically, are the barrels the same. I have read various references to Colt Canada using hammer forged barrels. Is this true? If so, can anyone advise if the US made guns using hammer forged barrels also?

I bought a US made Colt 6920 in early 2005. I liked it enough that I bought 2 more in December 2006, with the intention of setting them aside for my kids. One of the guns was backordered. When it arrived, it said "made in Canada". The guns were purchased from a police supply company (individual officer purchase).

At that time I was not aware of Colt buying out Diameco and forming Colt Canada. I called Colt and was told there was no difference in the guns. The US made guns were supposed to go to individual officer purchases, and the Canadian made guns were supposed to go to agency purchases.

I haven't shot the Canadian made gun, other than to sight it in. Is there any real difference between the barrels of the two companies?

The only differences I can see is the markings on the Canadian barrel are laser etched vs. stamped, and marked "CC MP 5.56 NATO" vs. the US barrels being stamped "C MP 5.56 NATO".
    Last edited by Beat Trash; 06-17-10 at 15:44.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    First hand i know the 6520s that Ive seen are the same as the CT. colts.....I'm almost sure they are all the same as well.
    Last edited by ALCOAR; 06-17-10 at 16:53.

Feedback Score
    If colt says they are the same than I would have to buy what they say.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Oddly, about 25% of our issued M4s are Diemaco uppers.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Your Colt Canada - Diemaco will have a hammer-forged barrel. I'd trade you for it.

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Oddly, about 25% of our issued M4s are Diemaco uppers.

The M249's in my unit had the Canadian flag, and said "CANADA" on them. Not sure what that was about...

Feedback Score
    About a year and a half ago, I had a Colt Canadian 6920LE, which was all Canadian, and brand new.
    The lower and lower extension were made on a different CNC program than the Colt Hartford models
    and the lower itself appeared to be a little more crudely finished. I never fired the weapon, although
    it seemed to function test just fine. I've decided that I'm going to stick with the US made pieces, and
    leave the Canadians for the collectors.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Belmont31R View Post
    The M249's in my unit had the Canadian flag, and said "CANADA" on them. Not sure what that was about...
    Well that's certainly interesting. I never would have expected that...

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    The Canadian Colts have maple leafs images in the chrome lined barrels. You have to look really close.
    "The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental." John Steinbeck

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarshallDodge View Post
    The Canadian Colts have maple leafs images in the chrome lined barrels. You have to look really close.
    Got it...

Thanks...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast