Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Diamondback .380 - Review

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba FAL View Post
    Please follow up and let us know what Diamondback has to say about these problems.
    I will let you know as soon as I get it back. It is taking a quick detour to the gunsmith, then it is going to back to the factory. The gunsmith was curious because he had heard nothing but good things about the gun and wanted to check it out for himself.

Feedback Score
    Hers went out today, kinda had to laugh when I talked to Pete the gunsmith at DB. Told him that the trigger reset 100% of the time during dry fire but only about 50% during live fire and he said "you might be pulling the trigger too fast and not giving it time to reset"
    A wise man can see more from the bottom of a well than a fool can from the top of a mountain. -unknown

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mnagant762 View Post
    Hers went out today, kinda had to laugh when I talked to Pete the gunsmith at DB. Told him that the trigger reset 100% of the time during dry fire but only about 50% during live fire and he said "you might be pulling the trigger too fast and not giving it time to reset"
    confidence inspiring

Feedback Score
    I've experienced much the same. Would not feed and trigger would not reset. It went back 3 times and the problem was never fixed although they sent back a repair form everytime saying they fired 18 rounds and it worked fine. Finally I spoke to Pete and he said he would replace the pistol with a new one. I was happy with that solution since the dealer that I bought it from was going to give me a credit to use towards another J Frame. But to my surprise....I get it back and it has a new frame and my old slide. AND.....it still did not work. This time....It wouldn't even reset when hand cycling the slide. Now I have spent a week trying to get someone to take my call. I keep leaving messages with no return phone call. At first...I was snowed by the quality of the gun on the surface. Unfortunately that is only half of the equation. I'd rather it work reliably and be ugly.
    Thumbs down from me.
    ---Amateurs do it til they get it right. Professionals do it til they can't get it wrong---

--Your worst needs to be better than their best--

Feedback Score
    I shot one (and watched it shot) for about 50 rounds yesterday. It failed to extract about 75% of the time, with the extractor jumping off the case rim and leaving it in the chamber. No double feeds were observed. I tried shooting it with only a chambered round and no magazine in for about six rounds and it extracted and ejected all of those.

The gun was a neat little package with good sights and a great DAO trigger. Too bad it's a POS...
    Colt's Manufacturing Company Armorer Instructor

Aimpoint USA ProStaff

www.hardwiredtacticalshooting.com

Feedback Score
    Friend has one, looks like a Glock that someone left in the dryer too long, very unreliable. went back to the factory several times, still unreliable.

Just my .02,
    LeonCarr
    Last edited by LeonCarr; 08-04-10 at 09:51.

Feedback Score

Thumbs down Downloaded it

I was able to get my hands on another mag, continued to have the same failure to feeds. Ended up selling it (full disclosure to the buyer about the problems I had) and taking about a $150.00 hit square to the wallet. If your looking for a relaible BUG, I would not suggest buying this one.

Feedback Score
    Hers is still at the dealer, they told us to take it to him and have him send it back so we did, now a week later they won't give him their FFL info so he can ship it. He calls every day and said half the time they won't answer the phone. Now that's what I call customer service.
    A wise man can see more from the bottom of a well than a fool can from the top of a mountain. -unknown

Feedback Score
    For those needing a small micro 380 or 32, check out the NAA Guardians. Mine have digested everything I have fed them with zero failures of any kind. To bad companies risk the safety of their customers to make the almighty dollar!!

NCH
    When seconds count, the Police are just minutes away!!

Feedback Score

watch for Limp Wrist

Magtech ammo for the win....
    i hear good out of Fiocchi ammo also, i haven't tried it yet

ok went to the range today, i tried several of the shelf ammo. all were FMJ Ball type ammo
    i was shooting about 25 feet and was able to keep it on a sheet of copy paper, well pleased
    even hit a soda can 4 times out of 10 or so at about 40 feet.. really did’t keep count of rounds on any target’s
    had a few fliers and most of the time just shot all 6 round then cool down….
    i am not a marksman……. do i trust the pistol YES

i did not get to test HP self defense ammo, cost too much lol

how ever i do like Fiocchi ammo just haven’t found any for the 380 yet

after talking to a few smiths even Pete at DB all told me to watch and not to LIMP WRIST
    that most all small cal semi auto’s have that sort of issue…….and find what ammo works and stick with it
    i know on AR15′s chitty / weak ammo and case size will cause FTE , short stroking
    or like problems FTF. stove pipes

for what it is worth, i like the DB and don’t see any issues with it ..using better quailty ammo

(( … american eagle federal with red on the box , sucks do not waste your money … ))

remington umc green/ white box 95 gr FMJ …no issues at all feed and fired every time 50 rounds .. Good

American Eagle red on box 95gr FMJ.. almost every mag some stovepiped or FTE
    it had empty case in battery with one riding up, made it through all 50 rounds. .. Sucks

BEST AMMO for mine was Magtech 95gr FMJ.. shot about 40 rounds, plus 12 the day before.. not a problem one …. Great

the american eagle ammo was dam dirty and weak , i guess low powder or something. thick rim on case
    remington UMC was better cleaner and more pop / power
    the magtech was really clean and had a crisp crack, lot more power…

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast