Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Camera Mount for Picatinny Rail

Feedback Score

Camera Mount for Picatinny Rail

How are people mounting cameras on their rifles? I think cameras take 1/4x20 thread machine bolts for their tripod mounts, I'm just looking for something that would allow a bolt like that to protrude so I could mount a camera on my handguard. I have a "gorilla grip' tripod that Imight me able to get to grip the foreend, just looking for something more durable?

Take a cheap VFG and drill it for a bolt and mount it at the 3 or 9 oclock?

Maybe I'll just duct tape it.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    I would just put a bolt through a QD sling mount, dont even have to drill a hole. That is if there is room for a bolt behind it, I dont own one but that was my plan.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    that looks sweet, but it looks like it would put the camera directly in your line of sight no?

this is kinda cool, but not sure its worth the price:
    http://www.advancedtaccam.com/product.html

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post
    that looks sweet, but it looks like it would put the camera directly in your line of sight no?
    If you mount it on the 12-o'clock rail then yes, but depending on how you run the gun, 3, 6, or 9 o'clock could be viable options. Or if you want to get really nutty with it, an angled/offset mount could be used in conjunction with it (like people use for their lights and secondary optics)

The same limitations would apply to the one you linked since the mount is basically just a scope ring.

I've used helmet cams before (or bullet cams, as some call them) and they usually come with a pretty wide assortment of mounts which could easily enough be adapted to fit on a gun. Alternatively, you could get a scope ring to fit them. I would go that route before buying the "advanced tac camera" as it looks to feature dated technology (no support for SDHC, for example).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    I've used helmet cams before (or bullet cams, as some call them) and they usually come with a pretty wide assortment of mounts which could easily enough be adapted to fit on a gun.
    I've got a GoPro Hero head/helmet cam, and have found the "roll bar" mount to fit a variety of VFGs, optic tubes and barrels. It's not the most durable thing in the world (polycarbonate & aluminum construction), but it works. I'm having a machinist friend of mine fab up an adapter to go on a pic rail.
    Last edited by shooter521; 07-15-10 at 10:45.

Feedback Score
    This is probably the BEST deal you'll find. I have seen them sell for MUCH, MUCH more.

Oregon Scientific ATC3K Waterproof Action Cam is the next generation in the award-winning line of Action Cameras from Oregon Scientific, with a wider Field of View and 4GB SD card expandability!

The ATC3K is a self-contained, hands-free digital video cam delivering audio and full color digital video in 640 x 480 VGA at 30 frames per second – even underwater! The ATC3K weighs just half a pound, with batteries!

Snow, rain, or a dunk in a kayak? No worries – the ATC3K is waterproof to 10 feet! PC and MAC compatible, the ATC3K works seamlessly with most video editing software.

Comes with 32 MB onboard memory and is expandable up to 4GB with the built-in SD card slot. The ATC3K mounts easily on helmets, handlebars and other sports equipment with the included mounting hardware.

http://www.oregonscientificstore.com...p?itmky=698253

Features:
    - Full-function, hands-free, digital recording with sound
    - Waterproof up to 10 feet and shock-resistant for extreme conditions
    - Mounting grips and straps of different length are included
    - Mounts easily on helmets, handlebars, and other sports equipment
    - 640 x 480 VGA resolution at 30 frames per second
    - Wider Field of View (FOV) - 48 degrees
    - USB and RCA cables included for easy download and playback on PC or TV (NTSC)
    - Works with Windows 2000/Windows XP/Windows Vista and Apple Mac X 10.3 and above.
    - Onboard memory is 32MB
    - Memory is expandable up to 4GB with the built-in SD card slot (SD Memory card is not included)
    - Carrying pouch included
    - Operates with 2 AA batteries (not included)
    - 90 day manufacturer warranty
    Last edited by MCASSgt New River; 07-15-10 at 12:28.
    Saiga S12 is my new Homeland Defense weapon.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Tag. I've got a goofy setup. But I won't know until my next shoot if it's workable.

Feedback Score
    We made a neat set up for the Noveske 3 Gun team. The camera had a throw lever bolted to it then, it just mounts to any rail section anywhere on any of the three guns. Not the cheap fix, but fast and secure.

www.apexcncmachine.com
    Last edited by apexcncshop; 07-16-10 at 13:52.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    interested

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast