Page 35 of 70 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: What makes the Knights Armament SR-15 E3 5.56mm rifle such a good rifle?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by matt_scofield View Post
    what thread pattern does the SR15 use for its muzzle and has anyone used a battlecomp on it???
    Standard 1/2x28TPI.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by matt_scofield View Post
    ...has anyone used a battlecomp on it???
    Yes, and if you're expecting to hear that it makes a great rifle even better, the answer to that is also a resounding yes.

AC

Feedback Score
    I can't wait till Monday!!! Should the staking be done in the same fashion as my 6920??

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrosamilia View Post
    I can't wait till Monday!!! Should the staking be done in the same fashion as my 6920??

If you know how to stake a castle nut then go ahead and do it. I wouldn't want my first time to be on a 2k gun.

Otherwise just shoot it a few hundred rounds to make sure everything is good, and if it hasn't loosened by then its probably not going to.

Edit: Didn't mean for that to sound like its something to worry over since Ive never heard of one coming loose on an SR15 but just something Id prefer to have be done to cover my basis, and for relief of mind. Sometimes I do shit just for peace of mind and not a factual reality. Ive done enough of my own stake jobs I can do it well in a few minutes now but if you don't know how then just go shoot it to break it in and all that.
    Last edited by Belmont31R; 12-30-10 at 18:21.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrosamilia View Post
    Yes, but dude ... this is pure silliness. Relax.

AC

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    I have had 3 SR15's over the last three years. None of them were staked and none were loc-tited either. I have not seen a report of one ever coming loose either. Seriously, if that is someone's biggest gripe about the SR15, then they have missed the point of the last 17 pages and probably haven't actually shot one. Yes, it should be done. KAC chooses not to for some reason, but it takes less than 30 seconds to do it yourself. Even if you royally screwed it up (hard to imagine how you could), the end plate is about a $6 part to replace. This is really nothing to be getting excited about.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Army Chief View Post
    Yes, and if you're expecting to hear that it makes a great rifle even better, the answer to that is also a resounding yes.

AC
    AC tells the truth here. The SR15 & BC are a great combination. It is the most controllable AR I have ever shot.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mtdawg169 View Post
    It is the most controllable AR I have ever shot.
    Agreed! It's such a soft shooting rifle. But I can't wait to get a triple tap for mine. It should feel like shooting a BB gun lol
    Last edited by Rohardi; 12-31-10 at 08:07.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rohardi View Post
    Agreed! It's such a soft shooting rifle. But I can't wait to get a triple tap for mine. It should feel like shooting a BB gun lol
    The Triple Tap is an excellent product, and I would not attempt to dissuade anyone from going that route, should that be their choice. I had every intention of doing the same, but held off largely because of the price of admission. For a KAC "pure" configuration, this is probably something of an obvious and worthwhile upgrade to any SR-15.

In the end, however, I wasn't able to stick with a KAC "pure" configuration myself. I wanted an AFG on the rail, elected to install a Noveske QD end plate (at which time the staking was accomplished), and used a different mount on my M2 because that was already on-hand and available. This made it a lot easier to make the decision to give the BattleComp a shot, and while the BattleComp versus Triple Tap discussion is covered at length elsewhere, I can attest to the fact that you're spending less and getting every bit as much capability (if not slightly more) with the BC.

Again, I'm a strong supporter of what KAC is doing in the industry, and if you want a Triple Tap, by all means go out and invest in one. The company is deserving of your support, and did us a favor by even making this component available in the first place. For the typical M4C member/shooter, however, I'm no longer sure that the TT represents the very best return on the dollar; in fact, I would go so far as to say that the BC is a piece of essential kit for the SR-15 in my view, whereas the TT may or may not be, depending upon your intended applications and the depth of your pockets.

When you consider what goes into making it, TT is worth what you have to pay for it, but considering that you can get the same basic capability for a fraction of the price, I think it only makes sense to give the boys at BattleComp a chance to win your business. You'll not be disappointed.

AC

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Army Chief View Post
    For a KAC "pure" configuration, this is probably something of an obvious and worthwhile upgrade to any SR-15.AC
    This is one of the reasons I want the TT. I know there are other options out there that work just as well for a lot less money, but I kinda want to keep to the pure KAC rifle like you said. I'm not going to sit there and say that the TT is the be all end all and every shooter here should get one. I guess the 3 reasons I want it over the other options is because I know it works well, it does have the COOL guy factor, and will be a nice addition to my KAC rifle.

Page 35 of 70 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast