Page 4 of 70 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: What makes the Knights Armament SR-15 E3 5.56mm rifle such a good rifle?

Feedback Score
    54 (100%)

Thumbs up

FWIW,
    I ran my SR15E3 at the LAV Advanced Carbine / Handgun class at Blackwater this weekend.

It had one malfunction (my error, faling to seat mag hard enough during mobile shooting) during the entire three days.

Ammunition used was 1992 Radway Green British SS109, and the rifle was not cleaned for the entire weekend (just lubed generously with LT Machinegun lube).

For those that haven't handled the SR15E3, it's simply outstanding. Looks are decieving, and the rifle feels much lighter than one would assume. In fact, the HK 416 I fired yesterday felt like a ton of bricks compared to the Knight's.

The carbine "feels" light as a switch, and the features that it comes with out of the box are unrivalled.

No question about it, Knight's has hit a home run with the SR15E3!
    SSG Jimmy Ide- KIA 28 Aug 10, Hyderabad, AFG

1SG Blue Rowe- KIA 26 May 09, Panjshir, AFG.

RIP Brothers

Feedback Score
    Just buy one...you'll love it....I did.
    You ladies bitch when you get an MRE without a pop-tart.

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GermanSynergy View Post
    FWIW,
    I ran my SR15E3 at the LAV Advanced Carbine / Handgun class at Blackwater this weekend.

It had one malfunction (my error, faling to seat mag hard enough during mobile shooting) during the entire three days.

Ammunition used was 1992 Radway Green British SS109, and the rifle was not cleaned for the entire weekend (just lubed generously with LT Machinegun lube).

For those that haven't handled the SR15E3, it's simply outstanding. Looks are decieving, and the rifle feels much lighter than one would assume. In fact, the HK 416 I fired yesterday felt like a ton of bricks compared to the Knight's.

The carbine "feels" light as a switch, and the features that it comes with out of the box are unrivalled.

No question about it, Knight's has hit a home run with the SR15E3!

At the range I always get people checking my stuff out, and I always let people run a mag or two through any of my stuff just to see how they shoot. Everyone is always amazed at how light the SR is, and how well it shoots. People who are not familiar with them cannot wrap their minds around how such a quick point, light, balanced, and "fun" gun to shoot can be so soft shooting (it does have a 3T on it). The only thing people get confused about is how it says Stoner on the side, and people think thats the brand. I have to flip it over, and show them the KAC logo on the other side....

Even a spruced up 6920 is not going to add up to the SR due to the gas system length, the bolt design is not as strong, and due to the barrel profile it doesn't point as well.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    At 2 grand, I would gladly give up 2 of my other ARs for one.

Is the lug design patented? They put sling swivels just about everywhere on that rifle.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rlgdestroyu@hotmail.com View Post
    Just buy one...
    Done.

AC
    Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here. -- Captain John Parker, Lexington, 1775.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss Hogg View Post
    At 2 grand, I would gladly give up 2 of my other ARs for one.

Is the lug design patented?
    The entire bolt assembly (lugs, cam-pin hole, extractor assembly, bolt face, etc. are unique) is patented.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Everyone, I really appreiciate all you help with this. What is the best way to order one?

Feedback Score
    I think Grant has them in stock.

That's where I should have ordered mine. And where I might order my second one. (and third. If I go with the ''two is one and one is none'' rationale.)
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by blackcpull View Post
    Everyone, I really appreiciate all you help with this. What is the best way to order one?
    Give Casey an email or call at Lawmen's....that is where I would look first if I was buying one tom. Grant is another great choice and Wes at MSTN has them more than likely in stock.

Feedback Score
    54 (100%)
    I got mine from Wes at MSTN, FWIW.
    SSG Jimmy Ide- KIA 28 Aug 10, Hyderabad, AFG

1SG Blue Rowe- KIA 26 May 09, Panjshir, AFG.

RIP Brothers

Page 4 of 70 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast