Page 51 of 70 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: What makes the Knights Armament SR-15 E3 5.56mm rifle such a good rifle?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by charmcitycop View Post
    I'm far more interested in the KAC SR15E3 SBR.
    Does anyone have any hands on experience with the SBR - block I, II, or III?
    I can say Im a fan. The guns recoil less without the NT4 attached, with either the 3t brake (on the 11.5") or regular QD flash hider (16".) I use both around the house a lot and both setups have proven to be death on skunks and crows, 200m zero on the 11.5" with the aimpoint and 100m on the full size with the ACOG, both zeroed with the can. Ive ran the 3t on both uppers and the sights barely move, if you have poor trigger control you are more likely to throw off your aim than the recoil of the gun with that brake installed. Havent gotten any coyotes yet, my neighbors have kept them pretty gun shy and they rarely move during the day here. Ive humped both on my ruck routes and the lack of weight is nice, no arm fatigue whatsoever. Other than very specific type shooting (prairie dogs out west for example,) I never shoot my other ARs, I have even sold a few over the last year because I didn't get the use and enjoyment out of them like I do the SR15s. If I could only have one type of AR, these would be it.

Id have taken a better pic outside but it snowed yesterday and Im being a nancy, its my day off.
    Last edited by Turnkey11; 04-01-13 at 10:14.

Feedback Score

Question

Quote Originally Posted by capth4u View Post
    Just received mine last Monday

[IMG][/IMG]
    Who are the best dealers or stock the largest inventory
    of the SR-15 E3?

thanks

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)

Re: What makes the Knights Armament SR-15 E3 5.56mm rifle such a good rifle?

Quote Originally Posted by DDM4LV1 View Post
    of the SR-15 E3?

thanks
    Everyone is backordered right now. I'd try Lawmens and Shooters Supply or Boltcarrier.com for a complete gun and expect a 90-120 day wait.

Feedback Score
    Interested to see if/how KAC's KeyMod stuff changes the feel of the rifle. I'm still kicking myself for not picking up a Magpul edition my LGS had a year ago. Argh. That thing just made me smile.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DDM4LV1 View Post
    of the SR-15 E3?

thanks

I bought mine from the grandson of Eugene Stoner... Dylan Stoner

If you don't know who Eugene Stoner is, he was one of the guys that designed the AR platform along with other weapons over the years. So this rifle is special to me for that reason

http://www.stonertactical.com

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brahmzy View Post
    Interested to see if/how KAC's KeyMod stuff changes the feel of the rifle. I'm still kicking myself for not picking up a Magpul edition my LGS had a year ago. Argh. That thing just made me smile.
    I keep trying bribe them to throw on a URX IV on my mod 1 ive had on order.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)

I bought mine from the grandson of Eugene Stoner... Dylan Stoner

If you don't know who Eugene Stoner is, he was one of the guys that designed the AR platform along with other weapons over the years. So this rifle is special to me for that reason

http://www.stonertactical.com
    Grandson or not, his price on the SR15 is about $500 too much. I paid considerably less through Lawmens for the Mod1 I have on order. I've bought three complete SR15's and an upper from them over the years and always paid a fair price.
    Last edited by mtdawg169; 04-01-13 at 21:59.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mtdawg169 View Post
    Grandson or not, his price on the SR15 is about $500 too much. I paid considerably less through Lawmens for the Mod1 I have on order. I've bought three complete SR15's and an upper from them over the years and always paid a fair price.
    Yea... I think the SR-15E3 IWS CARBINE MOD1 is about 2300 msrp. I talked him down some so I paid a few hundred more than the msrp which isn't to bad. Plus I only had to wait about 3 weeks.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)

Yea... I think the SR-15E3 IWS CARBINE MOD1 is about 2300 msrp. I talked him down some so I paid a few hundred more than the msrp which isn't to bad. Plus I only had to wait about 3 weeks.
    $2200 retail and can be had for less.

IMHO, Trading on a family name and overcharging for a product just seems a bit sleazy to me. I'd rather buy from a reputable dealer that chooses not to gouge customers, but that's just me. I don't care if the wait is two days or two years, I wouldn't pay that price.
    Last edited by mtdawg169; 04-02-13 at 07:49.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mtdawg169 View Post
    Everyone is backordered right now. I'd try Lawmens and Shooters Supply or Boltcarrier.com for a complete gun and expect a 90-120 day wait.
    Kac just told me all new SR-15 orders are 9+ months out and SR-25’s are 12+ months out.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Page 51 of 70 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast