Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Budget Build LPK and lower receiver options?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Budget Build LPK and lower receiver options?

I got a bushmaster heavy barrel with a FSB already pinned at the pawn shop. I wanted to use it with a blemished anderson upper and some sort of decent lower. I have other builds using premium parts, and want this one to be a blaster, messin around gun. So the parts I want to use dont have to be the best, but just "decent". I will be using a Colt or BCM M16 bolt and carrier though. Im not gonna skimp on those items.

Right now I am looking for a LPK and a lower on a budget that is gonna make my build go as smooth as possible. I know thats wanting my cake and eat it too, but I am trying to keep the costs down.

The upper was a blemished anderson upper (coating problem). I am going to get the anderson parts kit to "unstrip" the upper.

I was looking at the PSA blackhawk LPK's, and am considering getting an anderson lower. Ive read mixed reviews on both.

I dont mind a little reaming and filing on this one.

Any suggestions on the lower and the kit? How does the PSA blackhawk kit and the Anderson lower sound? Or are there better options out there.

I know this thread sounds like an arfcom classic! But this is a build that im just doing to see what can be built on a budget, and still have a good shooter, truck gun, red headed stepchild.

Thanks for any help.

EDIT: I keep reading about some "chart". I have searched but I am not running across it. Maybe a short between the seat and the keyboard, IDK.
    Also, Im an AK surplus guy, but I am starting to throw a couple or three AR-15 in the safe. So I am a little new to the crowd on these.
    Last edited by dragonbat13; 07-12-14 at 01:23.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Seeing how its going to be a beater gun I think you'll be ok. If you don't have an bcg yet you could save some money and get a Rainier's bcg instead of bcm.
    "The most important rule in a gunfight is: Always win and cheat if necessary." ~ Clint Smith

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I would get a psa blemish Lower for $50 I got one and put a blemish bcm upper on it locks up nice

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If going to get LPK (skip Blackhawk) from palmetto go ahead and get one of their blemish lowers, better than Anderson and save on shipping. Use money wisly on BCG, as mentioned above their are acceptable alternatives (not many) for BCM BCG. http://sionicsweaponsystems.com/stor...?id_product=74. Sionics is having a sell as well and is NP3 coated if that's your thing. Would suggest in A5 buffer system with money saved, if not familiar look at some threads here about it. And which chart are referring to, There's quite a few.
    ^^ Read with southern accent !^^ and blame all grammatical errors on Alabama's public school system.
    Technique is nothing more than failed style. Cecil B DeMented
    "If you can't eat it or hump it, piss on it and walk away."-Dog
    Go where the food is.

Feedback Score
    I like the price on the Sionics BCG. I don't like how they mislead in the description.
    Each carrier assembly is treated with a durable Nickel/PTFE plating which creates a permanently lubricious surface which eliminates the need for grease, oil or any wet lubrication."
    I call BS on that one.
    Last edited by eperk; 07-12-14 at 08:56.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I noticed the rainer arms BCG as something to look at,

Is there any quality control issues, or any reason not to go with this:
    https://www.rainierarms.com/?page=sh...roduct_id=3759

Also, the "chart" I am referring to had a list of manufactures from best to worst. I have found the chart which details all the things to check with regards to specifications, and it seems as though the manufactures list was removed.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I bought a lower from my lgs, but my Psa lpk fit perfectly without any gunsmithing required.

For a super budget build look into new frontier armory's complete polymer lower. It's light weight, reportedly durable and a complete lower should set you back less than $150 including transfer.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonbat13 View Post
    I noticed the rainer arms BCG as something to look at,

Is there any quality control issues, or any reason not to go with this:
    https://www.rainierarms.com/?page=sh...roduct_id=3759

Also, the "chart" I am referring to had a list of manufactures from best to worst. I have found the chart which details all the things to check with regards to specifications, and it seems as though the manufactures list was removed.
    From the reviews I have read its gtg.
    Last edited by zombiescometh; 07-12-14 at 21:56.
    "The most important rule in a gunfight is: Always win and cheat if necessary." ~ Clint Smith

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by turnburglar View Post
    I bought a lower from my lgs, but my Psa lpk fit perfectly without any gunsmithing required.

For a super budget build look into new frontier armory's complete polymer lower. It's light weight, reportedly durable and a complete lower should set you back less than $150 including transfer.
    Yeah, rumor has it polymer receivers are going to be all the rage. Now would be the time to "stock-up" on as many of their lower receivers as possible...
    'Evil Minds That Plot Destruction'

Feedback Score
    Check out Midwest PX for lpk's. Can get an ALG bundled fcg for just a few more bucks than a spikes LPK

Lowers, Aero Precision blemished lowers 55$. PSA has cheap blem lowers also. Can get blem Aero Precision lowers from multiple vendors online. I'd pass on the Anderson upper, or well, anything from Anderson. They about as bottom of the barrel as one can get, for really the same cost as much better companies.

Frontier lowers are dog crap also. There is literally no reason to mess with Poly lowers at all, especially since you can get a legit blem forged 7075 lower for 55$ shipped.

You can build a complete lower, with an ALG ACT fcg, 7075 receiver extension, and quality parts for about 160-170$ (plus xfer fee of the lower, 5-25$ normally). Compare that to a poly lower that will run 10$ cheaper, and there is no reason to skip over decent parts.

And the comment on the lpk not requiring gun smithing??? I'm sorry but if your LPK requires "gunsmithing" you either bought a complete pile of crap, or you have no place working on an AR.

As for BCG's, Wilson Combat has BCG's for 99$, Aero Precision for 125, Spikes for 135, DSA's for 90$, Rainiers around the cost of the Aero one and many other options. All of the listed should run good. Yes, even the DSA BCG's are manageable for a non fighting gun. But... BCM has their bcg's for 169$ right now... so IMO that is the best deal around for one of the most solid, and well backed bcg's.

You said you are a Surplus AK guy, so keep in mind, companies like Anderson, and PSA can at times be like Century with AK's and FAL's. Who knows if something will be in spec, and you are risking that for the sake of cutting cost, which, IMO if you shop around, can find much better stuff for the same or a little more coin. I definitely recommend you check out Midwest PX at their trigger (fcg) bundles with ALG QMS or ACT triggers. Heck you can throw in a 100$ 7075 billet lower with some pretty nice features and save on shipping
    From TOS ... "buy the shit out of that thing, all the mil spec is just nonsense."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast