Page 11 of 63 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Stippling Thread:Stippled PMAG's & Other Parts, let's see what you got!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Last edited by TOMTOM; 04-08-11 at 19:31.

Feedback Score

I have found over the years that stripling works better if you bevel the tip of the soldering iron. Then use a dabbing motion or a touch and slightly smear motion.
    Spyder

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)

Fun With Pmags

This is what happens when you have a lot of time, but not a whole lot of money...

I had tried stippling one of my Pmags a while back after seeing it done here, and liked the effect. But I always wanted to do something more unique, to make the mags more "mine" I suppose...
    Anyway, I ran across the article on painting Pmags on Tactical Yellow Visor, and was like *lightbulb*.

Basically for the painting process, I followed Rob's instructions- soaked the mags in denatured alcohol, blow out, dry overnight.
    Then I just wrapped each mag in clear packing tape, and cut out the areas I wanted to paint.

Each mag took 2 coats of paint. I used Rust-oleum Satin, as I could not find the standard RO spray in anything close to Foliage Green, and I wanted to match the accessories of my rifle (however, the standard does come in Khaki/FDE so I may do some in that eventually). I chose RO as from the article on TYV it seemed the best.

At first I had a mild panic attack, when it appeared the paint wasn't adhereing [sp?] correctly- I could easily scrape it off with my finger. I re-read the bottle, and realised it had a 24 hour dry/cure time. Duh.
    I let it dry for the rest of the day and overnight, and tried scraping it off again. Much better- I really scraped at it, and it still wasn't coming off- much. For some reason it doesn't like the baseplates as well...
    I did get a little paint seapage around the edges of the tape, but with the end user being me, myself and I, it's no big deal.
    I haven't had the guts to really beat them up yet, but it seems they should hold up fine-besides, everything painted is going to wear eventually.
    Afterwards, I spent some time stippling the areas I wanted.
    End result:

Edit- guess it's not so unique anymore...
    Last edited by Jellybean; 04-19-11 at 17:02.
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    You must have been bored

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    I really like that look man. I would like to see the same thing done using FDE mags and Black paint.
    "Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight."
    -Psalm 144:1
    "Our houses are protected by the good Lord, and a gun; you might need 'em both, if you show up here not welcome, son."
    -Josh Thompson

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Yes. Yes I was.

FDE with black higlights would be sweet- there was actually someone in the AR pic thread that did that with swapped Pmag parts, and also a rifle painted like that. Looked real good.

Edit- My bad- I didn't even notice there was already a thread for this. Guess I should've looked harder...
    Last edited by Jellybean; 04-19-11 at 20:02.
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Darker FDE KAC rail covers

Last edited by jonconsiglio; 04-19-11 at 17:21.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigrobkell View Post
    i had honestly never thought about doing this. I was going to get some grip tape and cut it to fit my pmags. good way to save some money!!
    Grip tape would be a hell of alot quicker. Atleast for mags.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I imagine the same people that believe grip tap provides an equal to good stippling also believe velcro is a good solution for tape switches.

The tape is very temporary and never does near the job stippling does and it's just tacky as hell...and not in the sticky way

Feedback Score
    So, now I think I'm going to have to do some stippling on my PMAGS when I get them back from Smith & Wesson. (had to send them in when I sent in my M&P-15 for repair. Wasn't loading properly)

Page 11 of 63 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast