Page 24 of 63 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Stippling Thread:Stippled PMAG's & Other Parts, let's see what you got!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Cop View Post
    Not to switch gears to much,

Who is someone you guys recommend to send a duty glock off for some stippling? I dont have the balls to do it myself and would rather let a pro do it. I was recently on Stickmans facebook page and saw a glock with a subtle to mid aggressive texture stippling job and now ready to pull the trigger.

Suggestions on reputable work?

Thanks, KC
    Just get a wood burner set from lowes for under $20 and practice on the glock case. It's easier than you think.
    Sweat saves blood, blood saves lives, but brains saves both.

Feedback Score
    25 (96%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Keydet08 View Post
    Just get a wood burner set from lowes for under $20 and practice on the glock case. It's easier than you think.
    I was scared as hell to touch my gun with it for a while. Practiced on some pmgs and other random parts..... and now I did this

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)

Two OGs In The Stippling/Contouring Business

Not to switch gears to much,

Who is someone you guys recommend to send a duty glock off for some stippling? I dont have the balls to do it myself and would rather let a pro do it. I was recently on Stickmans facebook page and saw a glock with a subtle to mid aggressive texture stippling job and now ready to pull the trigger.

Suggestions on reputable work?

Thanks, KC
    One of the original & very talented men in this line of work is Ben Simonson in Miami. BoreSightSolutions is the co. name.
    I've carried one of two Grocks that Ben did for me, for many years now. Full disclosure here, Ben is personal friend but I say that w/ much pride. Only down side I see, is that Ben got discovered several yrs. back & has quite a back log at times, call or email him & see what the current turn around time is. BTW he is an FFL + SOT.

If he is backed up I also can recommend w/ out hesitation Robbie Barkmann out in Phoenix/Mesa. Robar Guns is his co. name & he also does high quality work just like Ben + he offers coating work like his renowned NP-3 & RoGuard finishes.
    Last edited by Agile53; 07-21-12 at 19:15.

Feedback Score
    Ben is on order #33 of a 200 back log. He is no longer taking anything more less. Robar seems to be behind and I didnt see any texture that they did that was appealing for what I was looking for. Boresight had some very nice pictures but again, he is way behind I guess for good reasons.

KC

Feedback Score
    Here's my stippling jobs done with a Weller wood burning kit. I did the A2 grip first for practice before doing the G19. I have since sold the Insight M3X and gone to a Surefire X300 and DG Switch.

Last edited by DTHN2LGS; 07-22-12 at 15:07.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Ben is on order #33 of a 200 back log. He is no longer taking anything more less. Robar seems to be behind and I didnt see any texture that they did that was appealing for what I was looking for. Boresight had some very nice pictures but again, he is way behind I guess for good reasons.

KC
    KC no surprises there w/ Ben but Robar does somewhat re. the backup but you also didn't see anything there you like.

Re. my Robar comment one of my partners just sent a G21 to them 10-14 days ago, should have it back any day now.
    Feel free to email/PM if you decide to look further @ Robbie's operation.

Also when Ben & I last comm'd we talked about Dave Bowie, Bowie Tactical up in OH (?) an SO that also offers some contour/texturing. Take a look @ his options & again feel free to hit me up if I can help further.

Feedback Score
    I guess I'm bringing this thread back from the dead! Please don't take it easy on me, I want honest opinions on my stippling work. This is my first time stippling anything, although I feel like I could have done a little better. I really like the end result and it definitely won't be the last work I do.

For those that might be curious. I took the pictures with my iphone 4.

Before:

During/After:

Feedback Score
    Stipplied Tango Down!!!

Attachment 13771
    Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn.
    C. S. Lewis

Yes I even own the Magpul iPhone cover. Wanna make something of it?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    A2 grip with finger "nub" removed.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    A2 mins the nub

Tomahawk

Had a buddy do the KAC panels and my M&P for me

Page 24 of 63 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast