Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Oh crap it's started again...2nd build

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Oh crap it's started again...2nd build

So, a little while back I picked up a DD stripped lower from Grant as I had a spare DD LPK sitting around. Well today I purchased a DD upper receiver.

My plan is to build a 14.5 LW middie or possibly another SBR, but right now the long ass wait for my SBR has soured me a bit on that process. I was hoping when this was all done it would make a nice AR for my wife.

Plan on using the following:

DD Lower
    DD LPK
    DD Upper
    DD 14.5 LW Middie (haven't decided if it will be with FSB or not)
    Battle Comp 1.5 permed
    DD Lite 10 or Omega (depends on if FSB or not)
    other bits not decided
    "Buy once, cry once. Or not. Many of you will undoubtedly be zombies one day. I'd prefer if you were zombies with sub-par gear."

Duty station here....duty station there...
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Good luck!

You've gotta be very careful. Once you buy that lower or upper, you just start justifying adding parts to it and before you know it your credit card is smoking and you have a new rifle.
    "A wise man's heart inclines him to the right, but a fool's heart to the left." -Ecclesiastes 10:2

Glock Armorer
    Sig Sauer Armorer
    Colt M16/M4 Armorer
    Remington 870/11-87 Armorer
    Firearms Instructor

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Your taste must be awful, since Grant is building a DD 14.5" LW /A2X upper and 9.0 VTAC rail for me right now.
    Last edited by TehLlama; 07-21-10 at 15:52.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TehLlama View Post
    Your taste must be awful, since Grant is building a DD 14.5" LW /A2X upper and 9.0 VTAC rail for me right now.
    Thought about a VTAC or Troy Extreme, not sure though. Yeah, horrible taste
    "Buy once, cry once. Or not. Many of you will undoubtedly be zombies one day. I'd prefer if you were zombies with sub-par gear."

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rated21R View Post
    Thought about a VTAC or Troy Extreme, not sure though. Yeah, horrible taste
    I love these rails. I am going to use it on my SBR build.
    "No you do not have to think; it is an act of moral choice. But someone had to think to keep you alive; if you choose to default, you default on existance and you pass the deficit to some moral man, expecting him to sacrifice his good for the sake of letting you survive by your evil." - John Galt

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I built up a couple lightweight profile uppers with VTAC rails and LOVE them. I have yet to run them through a class yet so I can't comment on comfort after sustained fire, but just doing drills at my local range has taught me that these are the best deal going for light weight rails.

http://web.mac.com/supermarkus/Site/...ion_upper.html

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    It's impossible to stop - I pick up a 6920 lower tonite, shuffle around a few lowers on my current rifles, and then Build #5 begins! Gona go the dedicated .22LR route this time.
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    I'm building my first one now and already planning my second build....

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    When I decided to do my first build I went to the gun shop, who just happened to be having a "Special" on lowers so I ended up buying two. Good thing I did, as the second instantly morphed into a build for my wife. I wish I'd have bought three as now I have been having thoughts about building a third (a fourth for her too?). There is no end to this!
    Last edited by kmrtnsn; 07-25-10 at 09:55.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    So far I have my DD lower, upper and LPK. Just trying to decide if I am going go 16inch middy or 14.5inch middy. Either way it will be a light weight barrel.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast