Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: LWRC 10.5, or LMT 10.5 upper?

Feedback Score

LWRC 10.5, or LMT 10.5 upper?

I have recently been blessed with the opportunity to buy a 10.5" upper. From those with experience, which one would you pick? LWRC 10.5 or LMT 10.5 DI? I am currently running a H3 buffer and Wolff Extra Power Spring in my 14.5 SBR. Thanks for the input.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have a 10.5 LMT with the Fa bcg, h buffer,and factory spring. I have shot .223 rem,pmc bronze, and fed xm193 with no issues what so ever.
    "No you do not have to think; it is an act of moral choice. But someone had to think to keep you alive; if you choose to default, you default on existance and you pass the deficit to some moral man, expecting him to sacrifice his good for the sake of letting you survive by your evil." - John Galt

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    You already know what I'm gonna say... make that 2 for the LMT
    30 caliber junkie.

God Bless America.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I have had great luck with my LWRC. I know a lot of folks hate on them, but they build a nice rifle.

That said, I'd be tempted to go with the MRP. You can get the 10.5 in barrel like you said, or swap it out for the 12.5 piston, or even go with a 9mm barrel some guys are selling.

You'll win either way IMO, but I think the LMT would be a more versatile choice.

Feedback Score
    247 (100%)
    My old no-name DI would have some issues after some FA suppressed fire.

I love my 10.5 LWRC - runs like a top. had issues a couple years ago with the equivalent of the gas tube coming loose and bending under the piston(wasnt staked) - LWRC took care of me. Looking to eventually retrofit with the new one piece carrier.

Honestly this rocks with FA and suppressed - Mine normally wears a AAC M4-2000 - and a true RDIAS. This is really where a piston shines IMHO.

Attachment 5641
    Glocks are functional tools and nothing else, hence they have no soul - Rob S.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I'll admit that I've never been a big fan of LWRC because of their history but I fondled one of their SBR guns at Virginia Arms and I was impressed by what I saw. Of course I didn't get to fire it but it certainly looked nice.

I'd say you couldn't go wrong with either. I saw go with the LMT for cost but if you plan on running a suppressor then get the LWRC.

Feedback Score
    I've own/owned the following

LWRC M6A1 10.5" upper
    LMT MK18-ish 10.5" upper
    LMT MRP 12.5" piston upper

If I had to choose one, it would be the MRP. Why?

MRP gives you a true monolithic upper
    MRP has can be direct gas AND piston

The MRP gives up nothing to LWRC and the MK18. If the MRP is not an option, because you just dont want it, I think I would go with the LWRC because SBR suppressed weapons are great with pistons.
    Last edited by variablebinary; 07-23-10 at 15:49.
    Kein Mitleid Für Die Mehrheit
    What Happened to the American dream? It came true. You're looking at it.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    The only thing I want for xmas is a 10.5" cqb

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911pro View Post
    I have a 10.5 LMT with the Fa bcg, h buffer,and factory spring. I have shot .223 rem,pmc bronze, and fed xm193 with no issues what so ever.
    Great to hear that.....any pics, gonna make a man beg, I just cannot seem to find enough pics of cqb's with the 10.5 "

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    I've shot an LWRC in 6.8 and 5.56 they were seven or eight inch bbls we did quite a bit of full auto fire with their factory rep. I still smile when thinking about it.

I do not own one I just could not justify the expense. I have an LMT 10.5" SBR it rocks. If I remember right the LMT upper is a third of cost. That was the deciding factor for me and the LMT runs flawless. We can not have cans in Vermont so that was not a consideration .for me.

I have been very impressed with LWRC and their coustomer service. I liked the captured nuts on the rail system so the user could take the rail off with out any tools.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast