Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: LWRC 10.5, or LMT 10.5 upper?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    A select few here like to bash LWRC for the company they USED to be. The new ownership, from what I have experienced, have turned things around. I had a front sight that would not clamp onto the rail. I sent it back and they replaced it with about a weeks time total.

I shoot my 10.5 M6A2 upper every chance I get. It has a PWS TTO on it so it is loud, but shoots nice and flat. I have the 1 piece carrier so no keys to come loose. So far i haven't had any problems with it, but i only have around 1k through it. I finished it up November of last year when my stamp arrived. It is awesome on a FA lower as well, easily controllable. Eventually I will get a can for it, most probably a Brakeout/M4-2k.
    Last edited by DocHolliday01; 07-31-10 at 10:56.
    There is a fight, that began before any of us were ever born. It will continue, long after we have retired, moved on, and left this world. It is a fight for the soccer mom next door, your mailman, the guy that bags your groceries, and most importantly, it is a fight for your family. We are in a daily battle not for land, not for resources or colonial controls...we are in a fight for our very way of life

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    I shot next to a rep from LWRC at a two day carbine course his 10.5" did not hicup at all. Neither did the three LMT 10.5" guns. The only issues we had were with a few Bushmaster carbines one buffer tube twisted loose and one guy was running his gun "dry" because that is what his chief told him to do. Once he was properly lubricated his Bushy ran fine.
    Last edited by usmcvet; 07-31-10 at 12:29.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    I have an LMT 10.5" upper on one of my work guns. I bought it from BCM (excellent CS per usual) I've only had it about a month and it only has 1K through it so far, but it has run like a champ. Approximately half of those rounds have been FA. We are forced to do most of our training with "non-toxic" frangible ammo which can be finnicky. It has run well though.

Feedback Score
    I personally prefer LWRC for SBR length carbines. Their 10.5" M6A2 is my "go to" training gun. You would not go wrong with one of their guns or one from BCM, DD, or LMT.

Stephen

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    OP have you had a chance to look at each upper and or shoot them?
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    84 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by variablebinary View Post
    If I had to choose one, it would be the MRP. Why?

MRP gives you a true monolithic upper
    MRP has can be direct gas AND piston

The MRP gives up nothing to LWRC and the MK18.
    ^^^^ I second this.
    I have had piston ARs and when I thinned out the flock, they all got sold. Now I only have DI guns, I like filling my bolt carrier with gas...

Feedback Score
    53 (100%)
    I run an LMT upper 10.5 as my patrol gun and love it

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    i'll just point out the obvious.. pistons cycle harder, recoil harder, are heavier, and less accurate.

those are irrefutable facts... if whatever benefits they have outweigh those things for you, then get the LWRC. if they don't, get the LMT. they apparently do, for a lot of people- even though those lot of people cant ever really seem to articulate what exactly they are.

Feedback Score
    Kick harder? Less accurate? I shoot an LWRC 10.5" 6.8, about 1200 rounds so far, and I find the recoil to be mild, about the same as the DI 6.8's I've owned. The impulse may be sharper but my perception is its about the same in felt recoil. I can also shoot MOA at 100 yards with this upper, under MOA with my LWRC 14.7", using SMK's. How much more accurate do you need?

LWRC M6A1

Here's a five round group I shot with it at 100 yards

Here's a three round group at 200 yards

This was with a non-magnified Aimpoint T1 and standard trigger using a bench to rest the rails and using my hand to stabilize the stock. Put a decent magnified optic on it, put a better shooter behind the gun, and I bet the groups would shrink even more.

I've no experience with LMT but I've heard good things, you will probably be fine with either.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I'd have a 11.5" barrel instead.

It is less harsh on a silencer and proven to be more reliable no matter what anyone else tells you.

I have gotten rid of all my working 10.5" guns.

The only 10.5" stuff I have left is Colt MK18 stuff for collectability reasons.
    Last edited by scottryan; 08-08-10 at 17:51.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast