Thread: Sig Sauer Red Dot Mounts & Opinions

Feedback Score

Sig Sauer Red Dot Mounts & Opinions

Sig Sauer has a red dot that's similar to the Aimpoint micro, but does anyone know if you take the clamps off will it mount to Larues mounts? For the price($200-$220) and 8,000 op hours it seems like and ok red dot. Anyone out there with one & opinions? Flood gates open.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The lug on the bottom is bigger on the Sig. I filed mine to fit a DD aimpoint mount. It is a bit taller than the Micro also has a block in the bottom part of the tube that precludes the lower third co-witness.

Mounted on an absolute cowitness mount would probably work fine. but as it sits the lower 1/3 will not work.

I'm waiting on an Aimpoint to come by at the right price so I can shift my Sig over to the AK.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Most threads I've seen, the majority of posters say they are overpriced junk. I have one that came on my Sig 522. It's on my MKIII now, havn't used it enough to form an opinion yet.

Look into the Primary Arms red-dots for inexpensive options.
    NFA Addict - Banned on Arfkom!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    It's a Chinese POS. There are better cheap read dots out there.
    The ones used in Sig Sauer Academy had a tendency to go down and one student told me he saw a box full of broken ones.
    You can find a used, real Aimpoint M/L2 for about 250-300.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    The sig sight is basically this http://www.primaryarms.com/product.s...3&categoryId=5 at almost 3 times the price. At least with the primary arms gen2 sight the base is removable unlike the sig sight. The sig red dot is not worth the inflated price they are charging in my opinion. David

Feedback Score

Sig Sauer

Hay all, thanks for the info so far. I will looking at other red dots and will compile them all for best opinions. Thanks again.