Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why did not someone tell me hummus was awesome?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Why did not someone tell me hummus was awesome?

What is wrong with the world? Someone should have told me earlier. Just had it and no-fat (saturated), whole wheat, pita bread both for the first time. It is fantastic. I am adjusting my nutrition to delay the onset of morbid obesity, and have been trying some different foods. Came across talk of hummus and remember a super fit, female acquaintance eating hummus. At the time I thought it was just one of those crazy things people did when they were unfortunate enough to be unlike me; able to eat as much of anything as desired without waist expansion. If someone would have told me that hummus was tasty…..well, now that I think about it, I think the super fit chick did. Ok, maybe if someone had smacked me with a 2x4 and then screamed “Hey moron, hummus is awesome!” maybe I could have tried it and utilized it as a substitute for pork rinds dipped in butter-flavored Crisco.

However, now that I have tried it and decree it good, I think I will attempt making it myself after my initial purchase is consumed.
    Last edited by bsf; 07-25-10 at 12:59.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Not sure if you have a 'Trader Joes' in your neighborhood or maybe 'Whole Foods', but they both have several really good hummus. Trader Joes being much cheaper... jalepeno and cilantro from Joes is a tasty treat.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Shit! Which one of you guys told him? This was a world-wide conspiracy to keep hummus from him. Next thing you know, one of you guys will tell him about the blue food.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingerkid View Post
    Not sure if you have a 'Trader Joes' in your neighborhood or maybe 'Whole Foods', but they both have several really good hummus. Trader Joes being much cheaper... jalepeno and cilantro from Joes is a tasty treat.
    I get the same from Publix....good stuff!
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bsf View Post
    What is wrong with the world? Someone should have told me earlier.
    Humas is food of the gods. My friend from Israel showed me how to make it authentic, and I make it often. I love that sh*%.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    great. now that the internet gun nuts have found it out the demand will increase beyond supply................

I better go buy it by the case and bury it in the backyard.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Haha, it's one of those foods that sounds disgusting but in actuality is delicious.

Kind of like baklava...tell me you have at least tried that.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    So, to spell out the relevance to this subforum for others who are not in the know, like me a few hours ago, here is nutrition data from the carton I bought.

• Serving Size: 1oz
    • Total Fat: 6g
    • Saturated Fat: 0g
  9. Cholesterol: 0mg
  10. Sodium: 160mg
  11. Total Carbohydrates: 6g
  12. Dietary Fiber: 2g
  13. Sugars: 1g
  • Protein: 2g

• Not too shabby.

Works as a condiment also. Used the plain variety in a turkey, tomato, baby spinach, on whole grain bread sandwich and it was delicious.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    theres a deli nearby that makes a sandwich called "flying garbanzos"

Humus, roasted red peppers, munster cheese, carmalized onions, grilled on challa bread

out. of. this. world.

Im going to have to stop down there sometime this week now.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    hummus on crackers is always a snack in my hood..very good and there are tons of flavors

• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast