Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking to upgrade from my old Executive E1.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Surefire L1 vs. Quark Tactical 1x123

A couple crappy cell phone pics since I had them handy and some time to kill as well... The size difference is significant.

Feedback Score
    candlepowerforums.com has a WEALTH of knowledge regarding Flashlights. I was running my O-Light but now its my primary hand-held light. I need/want a new rifle light. I just ordered the TLR-1 for my FNH..

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Surefire L1 vs. Quark Tactical 1x123

A couple crappy cell phone pics since I had them handy and some time to kill as well... The size difference is significant.

That is a small light! I might reconsider my choice.
    "No you do not have to think; it is an act of moral choice. But someone had to think to keep you alive; if you choose to default, you default on existance and you pass the deficit to some moral man, expecting him to sacrifice his good for the sake of letting you survive by your evil." - John Galt

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by neo9710 View Post
    candlepowerforums.com has a WEALTH of knowledge regarding Flashlights. I was running my O-Light but now its my primary hand-held light. I need/want a new rifle light. I just ordered the TLR-1 for my FNH..
    Thanks. I will check it out.
    "No you do not have to think; it is an act of moral choice. But someone had to think to keep you alive; if you choose to default, you default on existance and you pass the deficit to some moral man, expecting him to sacrifice his good for the sake of letting you survive by your evil." - John Galt

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I had an E1 for a long time. Good utility/nav light, bad fighting light.

Now living in my pockets for EDC are an E1B and E2D LED. I wouldn't mind seeing a ~120+ lumen E1B, but the 80 it has now has been GTG for me.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    SureFire E1B - New ones put out lots of white light (110-lumens) in a very small package. My off-duty EDC always seems to consist of either a S&W 640-1 or 642 in a pocket or ankle holster as attire appropriate, large Sebenza, and the older, SureFire 80-lumen E1B.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I might look at a E1B. I do not think the tailcap setup would bug me that much. Might be cheaper also.

Feedback Score
    I carry a Quark Mini 123 with me. A single 123 battery can push over 180 lumens for over an hour. And it is TINY.

The other light is a ITP A3 - a single AAA light that can push 80 lumens. Markedly dimmer to the other light, but still nice to have, and it works well with eneloop low-self-discharge AAA's. A good feature is that with the clip reversed, I can stick it on the front of a ballcap and have a basic headlamp. I have a nicer headlamp at home for grilling at night and finding stuff, but this is nice for when I need to get serial numbers from something in the back of a rack in the datacenter.

That is a 123 battery in the back for comparison.

Editing to add: looks like 4-sevens has the mini-123 in a special run of "neutral" lights (will make other LEDs look blue/greenish) or also "warm" (which will seem yellowish compared to other LEDs) - http://www.4sevens.com/product_info....oducts_id=2319
    Last edited by MTechnik; 07-27-10 at 18:54.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MTechnik View Post
    I carry a Quark Mini 123 with me. A single 123 battery can push over 180 lumens for over an hour. And it is TINY.

The other light is a ITP A3 - a single AAA light that can push 80 lumens. Markedly dimmer to the other light, but still nice to have, and it works well with eneloop low-self-discharge AAA's. A good feature is that with the clip reversed, I can stick it on the front of a ballcap and have a basic headlamp. I have a nicer headlamp at home for grilling at night and finding stuff, but this is nice for when I need to get serial numbers from something in the back of a rack in the datacenter.

That is a 123 battery in the back for comparison.

Editing to add: looks like 4-sevens has the mini-123 in a special run of "neutral" lights (will make other LEDs look blue/greenish) or also "warm" (which will seem yellowish compared to other LEDs) - http://www.4sevens.com/product_info....oducts_id=2319
    The size of the 4-sevens light is amazing.

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    L1 is my daily light. Love it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast