What would everyone’s thought be regarding a platform to consolidate to?? Here is what I would like to do;

1.) Keep with 9mm (I am comfortable with it as a defensive round given the quality of ammo, my wife shoots it better that .40 and .45, follow up shots and round capacity and cost to practice is more important than an ever so slightly bigger hole. Plus I have thousands of rounds of 9mm already.)

2.) Adopt a platform that we (wife and I) can consolidate to (i.e. full size, compact, subcompact models) same manual of arms for training etc.

3.) High quality, durable, reliable, accurate etc….

My wife and I really like the M&P line. We both shoot it well, and find it to be pretty ergonomics etc. However, she isn’t real big, and she won’t carry consistently unless she has an ultra concealable weapon (think Khar pm9 size range). M&P9c seems to be a bit too wide.

A friend of mine suggested a few weeks ago that we consider the Walther line; Walther p99 / Walther p99c / Walther pps.

I haven’t ever heard anything negative about them… but I haven’t shot one. I’ll have to try and rent one at the local range.