Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cobra Firearms

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Cobra Firearms

I did a quick forum search, and a google search. The only info I could find was from the highpoint forum, nuff said.

So I've decided to seek the sage advice from the more experienced steel (and plastic LOL) wieldiers on this forum.

Have any of you heard or had any experience with cobra firearms? A friend of mine owns a Cobra FS380.

I know the old adage is it's better than a rock, but if this thing is going to blow up in his hand when he needs it.....
    He plans to buy a new gun in December but if the gun is a piece of crap I'll put off getting my pocket gun and help him get something better to protect his family.

Soooo, that's my long drawn out question. Thanks for reading it and for any help.

Oh and as a post script, we are going to the range today so he can shoot it for the first time.
    Last edited by Gombey; 08-15-10 at 13:24.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

at least with a rock there are no unrealistic expectations.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    If all I could afford was a $100 gun then I would probably buy a Hi-Point.

I think most people could find a way to save up $50 a month and in a year they would have enough to buy a really nice gun.
    "The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental." John Steinbeck

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    A friend of Mine Had One A while Back It would Not shoot With out a Stove pipe every other round ..I would save Your Money and get Something else, Hit the Pawn shops In your area.You could Find great deals .Or Just go Put the Money you Have Down on a Gun and Pay some Every Paycheck .

Feedback Score
    I would even suggest him to buy a Makarov or a CZ 82. FM High Power are around the same price range as well and it is very reliable. Summitgunbroker.com has good deals often as well.
    “In the Soviet Union, capitalism triumphed over communism. In this country, capitalism triumphed over democracy.”

- Fran Lebowitz.

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bkb0000 View Post

at least with a rock there are no unrealistic expectations.
    Most of the time when I write LOL I didn't "really" LOL. That one I did.
    Sig Sauer LE Armorer
    Glock LE Armorer
    Colt AR15/M16 Armorer
    T.O.S.S. (Tactical Officer Survival School) inst. Tom Long
    Vicker's Tactical Pistol 1 & 2 Carbine 1 Advanced carbine Inst. Larry Vickers
    Intermediate pistol Inst. Ken Hackathorn
    Combat Speed Inst. Dave Harrington
    Performance Pistol Inst. Frank Proctor

Feedback Score
    You can get a police trade in Glock for under $300 if you know where to look, and refinishing them is fairly simple. I ran across a few when I was checking prices on my second Gen4 gun. (and 3rd. Going to buy two.)
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    WOW!!!! What a piece of GARBAGE!!!! I just shot it, FTF two times in a row within the first three rounds. Final round was a stovepipe. He said he didn't have any of those issues.

I was trying to find a nice way to tell him it was a piece of junk but luckily the guy at the shop was kind enough to tell him for me.

On another note, the worker said lorcin and cobra are made by the same company.

So yah, we are going to get him into a Glock or something like that. We start shopping next week

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    For $250 you can find police-trade in S&W Models 10 and 64 in excellent working condition.

I would much, MUCH rather carry a quality six shooter than some piece of shit just to say I have a semi auto.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    For $250 if you shop around you can even find a Sigma...nothing to write home about, but it will probably work.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast