Thread: Primary Arms M4 Clone Question/Help

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

Primary Arms M4 Clone Question/Help

I just got one in the mail this morning. I am planning on putting it on my M&P .22 for training.

On settings 1-4 the dot is basically invisible.

If I go into a pitch dark room, I can't see #1 or #2 at all, #3 is like 1 step up from NV on a real AP M4, and so on up.

At settings 5/6/7 it is usable indoors but if you look outside into daylight it washes out on every setting except #7. On #7, it is barely visible (almost disappears against a white background) and will pretty much fade into invisibility in direct sunlight. It looks like something between #10 & #11 on a real AP M4 although looking at them side by side, the AP is a much darker, more distinct shade of red(more visible with light backgrounds) than the PA.

Is this normal?

I am not expecting the quality of a real AP M4 but I was expecting it to be alot brighter. I tried 2 different batteries, but still the same result.

I got the impression from reading several reviews that it was pretty much daylight visible from around setting #3 or so on up and setting #1 or #2 was pretty much for night time.

Thanks for the help.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have no experience with this optic but I would contact the manufacturer/vendor and ask them.

-RD62

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    contact marshall he is a great guy and stands behind his products.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    It is only a $89 sight so I wasn't sure if this was normal or not. I had read alot of recommendations, so I thought maybe I was doing something wrong or someone could tell me if that was normal or not.

I sent an email as recommended above.

I actually got a response today.

It is not normal and that they would make it right and sorry for the inconviniece. Marshall said that he would be getting me a RMA number 1st thing Monday morning.

Thanks for the help guys.

And thanks to Primary Arms for actually taking the time to respond on a Saturday!