Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need suggestions for my 7.5" setup

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Need suggestions for my 7.5" setup

Ok I'm dead set on getting the Adams Arms PDW piston upper for my AR pistol build. Unfortunately it only has about 4" of rail space due to the gas block. I will be using either my Eotech XPS or an Eotech 512, and I want to mount a light and back up sights on the upper, but I'm not sure if it's possible. I prefer to hold the gun like a rifle, as opposed to gripping the magwell. I'm thinking of getting an offset mount for the light and putting it on the gas block. If that was the case would I be okay putting the BUIS on the top rail?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Imo you're putting too much stuff on this. If I were outfitting a 7.5" AR pistol I'd definitely go with the XPS or an Aimpoint in a Larue cantilever mount. Put a light on the bottom of the gun. Don't attach anything to your gas block. The barrel is freefloated---attaching something to it can cause it to move when it gets hot. To put it into perspective:

I have a 10.5" in 7.62x39 with a YHM Specter LW rail. I have my TLR-1 at 12 o'clock, an Aimpoint Comp M2 that will be getting a Larue LT-129 mount in a couple months, and I am planning on getting some MBUS for it. I can't imagine putting much else onto it, even after I get my LMT lower SBR'd. Considering a VFG after I get the SBR stamp but I'm not sure which one. I'd put an XPS and light at 6 o'clock---like a TLR-1/2/3. I think you'll figure out that's a good setup then.
    30 caliber junkie.

God Bless America.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Adams is, or will soon be, selling what they call The "Adams Arms PDW Tactical Upper" with the extended Samson rail. That's probably the best choice for what you're wanting to do.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Adams is, or will soon be, selling what they call The "Adams Arms PDW Tactical Upper" with the extended Samson rail. That's probably the best choice for what you're wanting to do.
    I will have to email adams arms. I know they sell the samson rail however you have to pay for the price of the rail plus $130 AND they keep the DD lite rail, which is straight robbery.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    A search online revealed nothing. I've seen that setup before, but customers were saying that AA will custom conifg an upper for you with the samson rail for an additional $130. Seeing how the Samson is cheaper than the DD lite rail I'd feel kind of cheated.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Maybe something like this?

I haven't seen nor used the CMMG system and can't comment on how it performs.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=182066774

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I just got the scoop from a vendor for this upper ...it is replacing the current model, biggest change is the Samson rail. Unfortunately, the price increased to $999 for this new configuration. Barrel is still 1/8 and melonited inside and out.

I'll just stick with the DD railed upper that can be had for $700 even though it means I'll have to make some adjustments on accessories placement. The money I saved can essentially pay for the accessories!

Feedback Score

I have a CMMG on my 10 1/2 " pistol. Works great, but I don't think a 7.5 would work as well with a piston.
    As a matter of fact, the best thing for your 7.5 build is a 10 1/2 barrel.
    "PEACE is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading"

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xpertz1 View Post
    I have a CMMG on my 10 1/2 " pistol. Works great, but I don't think a 7.5 would work as well with a piston.
    As a matter of fact, the best thing for your 7.5 build is a 10 1/2 barrel.
    Are you talking about ballistics or cycling? If you're talking about cycling I thought a piston system resolves any issue with that?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast