Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: My Basic ACR + Enhanced stock is here

Feedback Score
    Awesome config. It's what Bushmaster should have sold from the beginning IMHO

Add some MOE rails and you're gold
    Last edited by variablebinary; 07-30-10 at 21:27.
    Kein Mitleid Für Die Mehrheit
    What Happened to the American dream? It came true. You're looking at it.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I'm liking that much more. I agree that is what BM should have started with.
    "Buy once, cry once. Or not. Many of you will undoubtedly be zombies one day. I'd prefer if you were zombies with sub-par gear."

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Looking good.

Hope that Bushmaster gets it's head out of it's ass and offers this with a 16" light weight barrel, chrome lined (or alternative), 1/7".
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    That's the $hit. That's how most people would like to receive an ACR- except for the barrel.

I'd be fine with that barrel if it was 1:7. Even with the silly M4 cut.

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball...

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    If I was to buy an ACR, and that's a big IF, that's exactly how I would want mine.

Quote Originally Posted by ForTehNguyen View Post
    unloaded weapon: 8lbs 5.4 oz which is close to the 8.3lbs as officially stated
    Yikes. Even with a "pencil" barrel that's still just over 8 lbs with "iron" sights.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    current AFG doesnt fit too well because of the wings, I might have to wait for the AFG2. Supposedly soon they are going to make coyote pmags to purchase separately, I need to gets me some more.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    As others have mentioned, I like the look of the rifle (configuration and controls) and if they can get the weight and barrel squared-away, I think I'd get one.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    got it zeroed at 50 yards today. Ran 20 rounds of Prvi Partizan M193 for that. Later loaded up wolf and monarch steel case to see how it would perform with the cheap stuff, no hiccups, everything fed fine. However I did have a problem with the trigger resetting. After you fire a shot, normally you can feel the trigger click when it resets. Sometimes you get a different feeling in the trigger and you can tell it doesn't reset. Pull the trigger, hammer doesnt drop. But if I push the trigger forward a tad, it will click and reset.

I've encountered the same problem on one of my ARs once but I cant remember how I fixed it. Perhaps something is snagging or a weak spring in the trigger group? Maybe trigger group just needs breaking in some more.

Recoil a little different than an AR, its snappier but overall impulse is just a little more than an AR, very controllable.
    Last edited by ForTehNguyen; 08-01-10 at 17:46.

Feedback Score
    Finally - an ACR that doesn't make me want to puke.

Lucky dog!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ForTehNguyen View Post
    However I did have a problem with the trigger resetting. After you fire a shot, normally you can feel the trigger click when it resets. Sometimes you get a different feeling in the trigger and you can tell it doesn't reset. Pull the trigger, hammer doesnt drop. But if I push the trigger forward a tad, it will click and reset.

I've encountered the same problem on one of my ARs once but I cant remember how I fixed it. Perhaps something is snagging or a weak spring in the trigger group? Maybe trigger group just needs breaking in some more.
    Doesnt the ACR use a standard AR Milspec trigger group housed in a contained "drop-in" unit?

What you describe is typically caused by a weak or overly modified (bent legs) trigger spring.

ETA: Yeah, I really dig the looks of your configuration. I would just get the barrel cut to 14.5" and have it re-profiled to a lightweight in-front of the gasblock and be done with it.
    Last edited by nickdrak; 08-01-10 at 23:51.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast