Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Costas Glasses in C1 disk 2?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Costas Glasses in C1 disk 2?

I'm going to try and switch to RX glasses instead of contacts. I noticed in Carbine 1 disc 2 he hass some glasses I do not recognize that look like they would be good RX shooting glasses. Thanx
    "First gett'n shot, then gett'n married... baaaad habits"

"If you're gonna subscribe to hero worship, at least worship a real hero."
    M4Guru

Gal 2:20

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    No idea...

I do recommend Decot shooting glasses for RX lenses, though. They don't look "cool" but they are REAL shooting glasses, and come in a variety of tints/shades. They can make them to your specific RX and shooting style...I used to shoot ATA trap, and almost everyone used them.

http://www.sportglasses.com/

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Ive got a pair for trap, just wanted some that don't scream shooting glasses to wear shotting and for daily wear.

M4Guru

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Belmont31R -

Thanks very much for the link to those glasses. I've been looking for a good pair of Rx shooting glasses.

I read the website, and do you recall what tint seemed to work for most folks? It's pretty bright down here in the Texas sun. I'm sure you have had headaches from the summer sun as well.

Thanks again!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I think my Decotts have a dark grey lense and an orange. The good thingabout the Decotts and the other similar brand that is also high quality is the lens options are numerous for specialzed shooting and they do last a long time if not forever if taken care of

Down side of this type of shooting glasses is all of their plusses. They sit far from face so do not fog easily. They have large flat lenses cheap and easy to make and RX. Sit usually (for trap) high up on face. Probs with all this is there is NO side coverage from sun or shot while hunting. (You usually get peppered from the side) Sit far away and up high which gives less than optimal coverage for KABOOM protection. They look obnoxious anywhere other than the trap range I love my Decotts but they do not serve all of "my" needs in a shooting glasses or sports optic.

I wear Oakley Radars (less esoteric in look than Decotts) and they are still too Hi-Speed looking than what I am in need of now. Shooting RX glasses that do NOT look like shooting glasses. Any suggestions appreciated.

M4Guru

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I wish Magpul had a website that featured fully equipped pictures of Travis and Chris that enabled you to click on any clothing, accessory, or piece of gear that they had and order it that way or refer you directly to a vendor who stocked it. It would make things simpler for a lot of people and make a lot of money for a lot of sellers.

At this point I am not sure if I am being comical or serious, but the more I think of it, the more merit I believe it has.

But I don't think the Magpul Dynamic guys would ever do it for obvious reasons.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Sales and $ is what drives the game and encourages companies to continue making/designing new and better products

If the guys "believe" in a product then let them sell it and make all the $ they can! You are only a whore when you start endorsing bad products for the $

M4Guru

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Belmont31R -

Thanks very much for the link to those glasses. I've been looking for a good pair of Rx shooting glasses.

I read the website, and do you recall what tint seemed to work for most folks? It's pretty bright down here in the Texas sun. I'm sure you have had headaches from the summer sun as well.

Thanks again!

Clay shooting is quite a bit different than pistol or rifle shooting but you want a lens that contrasts with the target. So if you are shooting a green target you want a pink/red tint. If you are shooting orange you want greenish. Basically opposite of what the target is so you maximum "standout". I had 3 pairs of lenses, and would watch the clays being thrown, and decide which gave the most clarity. In trap you only want the bird to be highlighted.

There is also sun blockers than slip onto the frame. You see clay pigeon and olympic shooters use them.

Again Decot's are real shooting glasses not trendy Oakley's/Rayban's. You only wear them on the range...you can adjust the lens height via the nose bar adjustment, and with the side shades you dont get any light coming in the side. I wish I still had mine but I shot trap before I joined the Army, and they got lost somewhere in Germany with multiple moves, pack outs, etc.

Decot used to always be at the big trap shoots, and you could test out the lens shades right there. Not sure what type of shoots they go to anymore but I just had a few different lens shades, and always had one that worked well. Some ranges threw green clays, and others orange. The reason you want the lens to be opposite what the target color is...is because if you put on green lenses with a green target everything tends to look green. If you put on pink lenses with a green target the target stands out. Depends on the background too. Some ranges with real green terrain would be different. Just gotta get a few lens sets....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed L. View Post
    I wish Magpul had a website that featured fully equipped pictures of Travis and Chris that enabled you to click on any clothing, accessory, or piece of gear that they had and order it that way or refer you directly to a vendor who stocked it. It would make things simpler for a lot of people and make a lot of money for a lot of sellers.

At this point I am not sure if I am being comical or serious, but the more I think of it, the more merit I believe it has.

But I don't think the Magpul Dynamic guys would ever do it for obvious reasons.

Kinda like Product Placement.

Feedback Score
    Rudy Project. Rx inserts for a wide variety of sunglasses. Love mine. Oakleys are awful lonely now.
    "When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." -Chief Tecumseh

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast