Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1911 Magwell Opinions

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by d90king View Post
    Best looking SA that I have ever seen! I have a few on SCG's and IMHO they are just okay...

The best I own is the integral one built by Caspian for the Nighthawk Vickers... They also have an integral plunger tube which is also a great benefit... Great 1911 frames...

OP... Try Brown, SA or Wilson.... Cant remember if George from EGW makes one but if he does it will be of great quality...
    Thank you sir.
    WWW.SUPERIORFIREARMSLLC.COM
    10111 Production Court
    Louisville ky. 40299
    502-365-2244

Former VSM Regional Endorsed Instructor

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    My feelings and recommendations are the same.

-RD62

Quote Originally Posted by Outrider View Post
    I like magwell guides / speed-chutes on 1911 pistols. They do add a bit to the grip which can make concealment slightly more difficult since the grip is the harder part to conceal.

As for recommendations. I like Smith & Alexander's mag guides.

http://www.smithandalexander.com/guides.html

Feedback Score
    I'm sort of twisted - I'm a bit of a traditionalist, but I do like a nice magwell treatment. I've always thought that S&A ought to offer shops a gunsmith version of their magwells, without the MSH retaining pin hole drilled, so that a perfect fit could be achieved. (Maybe a little extra meat on the top, too, so that it could be made to mate up to various grip safeties in a pleasing manner.) My favorite magwells are the weld-on type, but they're not an enhancement that many will want to tackle at home (including me).

Under the sword lifted high, there is Hell, making you tremble. But go ahead, and there is the land of Bliss. ~ Miyamoto Musashi

DISCLOSURE: I represent SECRET CITY WEAPONEERS, purveyor of K-25 Multi-Role Concealment Holsters. I may, therefore, be biased...

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    The Wilson one that slips on over the lower grip busing is a 25.00-30.00 way to field test the concept. If you like it, you have other more permanent and better blended options as mentioned above. The Wilson unit could then be sold for most of what you have in it.

I like the arched Smith and Alexander unit because an arched MSH is more Glock like ( forgive me, JMB).

YMMV Greatly.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dojpros View Post
    The Wilson one that slips on over the lower grip busing is a 25.00-30.00 way to field test the concept. If you like it, you have other more permanent and better blended options as mentioned above. The Wilson unit could then be sold for most of what you have in it.

I like the arched Smith and Alexander unit because an arched MSH is more Glock like ( forgive me, JMB).

YMMV Greatly.
    I've thought about going that route. Anyone tried one of these?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    For concealed carry I like the one on the Nighthawk T3's. It's a VERY slight magwell but it seems to work well for me. I like it's low profile.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    I like Mars Guns, Inc. with the integrated/flush lanyard loop. But to be honest I can live with them I can live without them.
    I too really like the ILAP versions of the S&A unit.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I had a Nighthawk on my Springfield MC Operator and I put a Smith and Alexander on my Wilson.

I liked both, I prefer the S&A, although the Nighthawk allowed you to remove the magwell and just use the flat mainspring housing portion.

Employee of colonialshooting.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12