Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MK6 vs VCOG

Feedback Score
    107 (100%)

MK6 vs VCOG

I'm interested in these 2 scopes for a factory KAC 14.5. Looking for some input in reference to the MK6 on 1x at 0-10 yards. I've got plenty of Aimpoints, and not interested in any other scopes.

Anybody have some time with either or both any info would be appreciated.

I've hit the search button as well as Google for 2 hours.

Seems like there is conflicting info for both as far as daytime illumination, and if the MK6 is good to go at room distance.

Thank you

Feedback Score
    90 (97%)
    Ive owned both. The Mk6 is in my opinion the ckear winner. Better glass, better reticle especially on lower powers.
    JF Arms Company - Owner
    07/02 FFL/SOT

Sword & Shield Training Group - SSTG
    - Be the Sword & Shield for your community thru knowledge and skills.

----------------------
    EMT - Parkview DeKalb EMS

13 years of serving Northeast Indiana's citizens.
    ----------------------
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Feedback Score
    107 (100%)
    So no issues with the MK6 up close? How about the "flickering " issues some were reporting, overblown?
    Thanks

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    The flickering issue was caused by improper cheek placement. I currently own 4 MK6 and very happy with it.
    Last edited by thmpr; 07-22-15 at 21:44.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I too own a MK6 1-6x. I evaluated the Vortex 1-6x, VCOG, and Makes 1-6x. For my purposes, the MK6 featured better overall functionality. The CMR-W reticle is a well thought out tool. The reticle at 1x is Aimpoint bright. As far as flickering, if one's head starts moving beyond the eyebox perimeter, the illumination will appear to get dimmed. The illumination itself is not changing but the eye is moving outside of the selected area. This has been a non-issue for me.
    NRA Life Member

"WINNING" - When all of the liberal democrats and other libtards start throwing themselves off cliffs because they don't get their way...

JEDIsh: We are asked not to judge all muslims by the acts of a few extremists, but we are encouraged to judge all gun owners by extreme acts of the few.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    MK6 is a great scope. The weight is the best part.

You should probably read the SME's views on VCOG's before you jump on that one.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cop1211 View Post
    So no issues with the MK6 up close? How about the "flickering " issues some were reporting, overblown?
    Thanks
    I decided on a Kahles K16i instead (winner in direct comparison to the Mk6 & VCOG IMO), but between the 2 I'd take the Mk6, better field of view, better glass, better reticle, better illumination. The flicker is a non issue, you only notice it as your head is leaving the eyebox.

Not my video, but this is a Mk6 3-18 showing the "flicker", you can see it as the camera moves out of the eyebox, it's the same deal with the 1-6 (and CQBSS for that matter), non issue.

http://youtu.be/q9yhgABY97c

And a video of the CQBSS showing the "flicker"

http://youtu.be/NWsZqNz5vis
    Last edited by PatrioticDisorder; 07-22-15 at 22:23.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I own a CQBSS and the flickering isn't an issue. The only real "issue" is the 24 hr battery life, give or take.
    "I never learned from a man who agreed with me." Robert A. Heinlein

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Koshinn View Post
    I own a CQBSS and the flickering isn't an issue. The only real "issue" is the 24 hr battery life, give or take.
    Relatively short battery life is a short coming experienced by all daylight bright LPV's, no free lunch in that department.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticDisorder View Post
    Relatively short battery life is a short coming experienced by all daylight bright LPV's, no free lunch in that department.
    USO got around the problem by having an aimpoint style dot in the SFP, and thus has high battery life AND a daylight visible dot. I think Leupold does that too with their firedot, right?
    "I never learned from a man who agreed with me." Robert A. Heinlein

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast