Thread: Optics for LMT MWS

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Double3 View Post
    Leupold MK6 3-18

Leupold MK6 1-6

Leupold MK8 1.1-8

Nice but pricey options.
    I will second that. TMRD for the 1-6 and Horus reticles for the rest.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    If you intend to use a NF 2.5-10x32 at 10x all the time, it has a pretty tight eye box due to the small exit pupil. The x42 version is much more forgiving, but for the price of that you could snag the MK6 3-18 for not much more (unless you want the horus reticle).

I use my 2.5-10x32 out to 600 yards on a regular basis, and like it, but as soon as the light starts to go down in the evening and your pupils dilate larger than the exit pupil of the scope, it's tough to use unless you back off the magnification.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    If you intend to use a NF 2.5-10x32 at 10x all the time, it has a pretty tight eye box due to the small exit pupil. The x42 version is much more forgiving, but for the price of that you could snag the MK6 3-18 for not much more (unless you want the horus reticle).

I use my 2.5-10x32 out to 600 yards on a regular basis, and like it, but as soon as the light starts to go down in the evening and your pupils dilate larger than the exit pupil of the scope, it's tough to use unless you back off the magnification.
    This is helpful. Thank you!
    http://parrotheadjeff.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/Shooter-Jack-rkba.gif

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I would look hard at either the Leupold Mk6 3-18x or NF F1 ATACR 4-16x, either in H59, with LE price edge going to the Mk6, but probably more rock solid of an optic going to the NF. If you need to run this type rifle as a cqb weapon get an offset T1. 8 & 10x is ok for minute of man past 500, but if you attend a match where you are shooting sub moa targets past 500 you will really want that extra magnification.

If you are really feeling froggy look at the S&B Ultra Short.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Leupolds have never proven to track all that well and i don't like their locking turrets

my choices are NF ATACR F1 or Vortex razor 3-18 both great, i have em both i have sold basically off all other scopes except vortex and NF, i'm done with scopes that don't track, and companies that think too highly of their own stuff (i.e.; S&B)
    -Too many guns not enough time-
    2016 Rocking: Sig Sauer, Vortex Optics, GA Precision, MGM targets, MARS Armament, Inc., KMW Rifles, Mack Brothers, B&T Industries, Prime Ammo, Mile High Shooting Accessories, Gray Guns, Armageddon Gear, Rustick Knives, LLC.,Bartlein Barrels, CORE Shooting Solutions, Magpul.
    Contributing author on www.modernserviceweapons.com

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234