Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hoppes #9 or M-Pro 7

Feedback Score
    54 (100%)
    M-PRO 7 all the way... Cleans very well and doesn't have any of the odor of the Hoppes- a big deal when cleaning indoors...
    SSG Jimmy Ide- KIA 28 Aug 10, Hyderabad, AFG

1SG Blue Rowe- KIA 26 May 09, Panjshir, AFG.

RIP Brothers

Feedback Score
    I use MPro7 occasionally and use MPro7 copper cleaner every thousand rounds for copper. Somewhere I read that they weren't solvents but broke down the bond between fouling and the bore, that's why they can be filtered and reused.

The copper cleaner doesn't eat bronze bore brushes and MPro7 is pretty good at removing paint.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I use both the MPro7 CLP and the copper remover and have been happy with both products. No problems on my end at all.
    "Democracy is two Wolves and a Lamb discusing Whats for Dinner. Liberty is a well Armed Lamb willing to Contest The Majority Decision". Benjamin Franklin, 1755

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pal View Post
    If MPro came in the same little goofy looking brown bottle that #9 does, I wonder how many people would buy it? I suspect some people are lured in by the cool looking bottles and displays you see set up. Never tried it yet.
    M-Pro 7 does not have goofy looking bottles. They use the same sorts of pumps and squeeze bottles everyone else does. The label is (now) kind of cool looking but previous M-Pro 7 sold very well with rather normal looking labels as well.
    • formerly known as "eguns-com"
    • M4Carbine required notice/disclaimer: I run eguns.com
    •eguns.com has not been actively promoted in a long time though I still do Dillon special
    orders, etc. and I have random left over inventory.
    •"eguns.com" domain name for sale (not the webstore). Serious enquiries only.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Acespeedy View Post
    I've been using Gunzilla. About two years ago a gunsmith/armorer recomended it to me during an armory school, and I was sold on it. I used to use CLP because that's what we had been using. I was given some MPro samples about a year ago and it worked alright, but I'm still stuck on Gunzilla. The Gunzilla is kinda pricey, but it works.

http://www.gunzilla.us/
    Isnt gunzilla a clp? I heard its good at cleaning but isnt good at cleaning the barrel.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by eguns-com View Post
    M-Pro 7 does not have goofy looking bottles. They use the same sorts of pumps and squeeze bottles everyone else does. The label is (now) kind of cool looking but previous M-Pro 7 sold very well with rather normal looking labels as well.
    Eguns,
    I think he might have been talking about the pimpin 1950's style Hoppe's No.9 bottles.I could be wrong though.
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Armed Protective Services II

Feedback Score

Hoppe's #9

I can't change now. I've been addicted to the smell since I was 10. Even my wife is starting to like it.

Feedback Score
    i have been using MPro-7 products for quite some time, now. Their gun cleaner works very well. I recently switched from using their CLP to their gun oil LPX . . .Great stuff.

Feedback Score
    M-Pro 7 Cleaner + M-Pro 7 Copper Remover + M-Pro 7 Gun Oil LPX has cut my turn around time in half.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    So M-pro7 is the new hotness huh? I have some Hoppes #9 and a ton of BreakFree CLP that I still need to use up

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast