Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hoppes #9 or M-Pro 7

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gundam83 View Post
    So M-pro7 is the new hotness huh? I have some Hoppes #9 and a ton of BreakFree CLP that I still need to use up
    All my Hoppes and BreakFree is now in the closet, figure if I ran out of M-Pro 7 in the middle I got back-up.

Feedback Score
    I grew up on Hoppes #9 since I first started cleaning guns in the mid 70's. My dad made me clean all the guns after we went shooting. I would spend hours cleaning our shotguns, scrubbing every revolver, pistol, etc.

If I would have had MPro7, I could have finished in half the time and my Mother would have never complained about the smell in our house.

When I want to clean my guns, I use MPro7.

When I want to remember my childhood, I open the Hoppes #9.
    Last edited by Nevermiss; 08-05-10 at 21:46.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Anyone every try KG-12 Bore Cleaner? Pretty impressive so far.

I told my wife if I ever go into a coma, on day 1 rub some Vick's sauve (Vick's Vapor-Rub for you youngsters) on my chest and the next day some Hoppe's. If I don't come out by the 3rd day, just unplug me...I'm gone.

Feedback Score
    Do you treat that KG-12 as a regular solvent or is it like a full blown copper remover? the type of copper remover where you have to follow directions specifically or you screw up your gun?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdj588 View Post
    Do you treat that KG-12 as a regular solvent or is it like a full blown copper remover? the type of copper remover where you have to follow directions specifically or you screw up your gun?
    ===========================

I've only used KG-12 once. I don't clean my AR's very often. I had about 400 rounds in it and I cleaned it like I regularly do, Hoppe's, brush, Sweet's, (Sweet's then dry patch, unitl I have clean patches), degreaser, oil.

Then, after I "thought" I had it clean, I ran one patch of alcohol to make sure it was dry and then one patch wet with KG-12, let it sit about 5-min, and then ran a dry patch. It came out dirtier than when I first started but the patch was brown. Repeated KG-12 about 4X's, until patch came out clean. Then, a couple of patches wet with alcohol to get the KG-12 out, then oiled it.

Since I've read that some guy ran a test where he soaked bullets in different solvent for 24-hrs. weighing before and after. He said the KG-12 dissolved more copper in 15-min than all of the others did in 24-hrs.

It doesn't stink, hurt skin and seems to be water based. Guess it has a different reaction to copper than all of the ammonia based cleaners. KG recommends you rinse KG-12 out with a degreaser but it doesn't hint of damaging your barrel.

I've got 1 AR that should hit 1500-rounds in a few weeks. I'll see how it does then.
    Last edited by ucrt; 08-06-10 at 01:02.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    For you guys who use the new Mp7 gun oil LPX, what's the difference between it and original Mp7 gun oil?
    Personal security provided by: Sig Sauer, S&W, Ruger, and Daniel Defense

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake Bauer View Post
    For you guys who use the new Mp7 gun oil LPX, what's the difference between it and original Mp7 gun oil?
    The LPX is replacing the gun oil. Its formulated to adhere longer/better. Its also a preservative with some cleaning qualities.
    Here:http://www.mpro7.com/MPro7-Gun-Oil-LPX.html

andhttp://www.mpro7.com/documents/M-Pro...lease_1209.pdf

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by deadduck357 View Post
    The LPX is replacing the gun oil. Its formulated to adhere longer/better. Its also a preservative with some cleaning qualities.
    Here:http://www.mpro7.com/MPro7-Gun-Oil-LPX.html

andhttp://www.mpro7.com/documents/M-Pro...lease_1209.pdf
    It seems to be replacing their Gun Oil (which was a high grade medical machine oil) and their CLP (which was more an LP than C -- field grade cleaning only)

I use their gun oil still -- on my loading presses :-) It is just a medical grade light machine oil that was originally made for medical machinery, so I hear, and is good for light duty machine oil uses.
    • formerly known as "eguns-com"
    • M4Carbine required notice/disclaimer: I run eguns.com
    •eguns.com has not been actively promoted in a long time though I still do Dillon special
    orders, etc. and I have random left over inventory.
    •"eguns.com" domain name for sale (not the webstore). Serious enquiries only.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake Bauer View Post
    I made the switch from the MPro-7 CLP to the gun oil LPX when I needed to buy more CLP. It simply coincided with their release of the LPX.

The immediate difference, which I noticed, was my Advantage Arms conversion kits for my G23 and G27 ran much smoother with regard to full cycling/extraction. In my personal experience, these 22lr conversion kits are required to run quite wet to function properly. Needless to say, I run my Glocks dry. Perhaps, that is not noting much for the original MPro-7 CLP. The said had always worked well with all of my other guns with exception of some of my 22lr arms.

With a bit of experimenting . . . My Sig mosquito and S&W 15-22 both run flawlessly with the LPX. Having made the transition with much personal success, I use the LPX as a lubricant for all of my guns, now.

Depending on the application, a small drop goes a long way. My cleaning time is much shorter, now. The carbon/crud build up wipes away much quicker. I really appreciate the ability of this liquid to stay in place where I apply it.

There are probably better products out there . . . But, until I have a need or find them, this stuff works great for my purposes.

Feedback Score

Neither

Not to derail the thread if you want the best gun cleaner lubricant on earth bar none. Go read this thread on Defensive Carry Gunzilla The worlds best-gun cleaner See why over 200 forum members switched to Gunzilla. Read the reports about if from Iraq and Afghanistan at their website Gunzilla.us

This product made me eat crow I bought it to prove all their claims were wrong........ Turns out I was wrong

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast