Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: The FN FS2000: A Complete Review *several updates*

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshNC View Post
    Steyr still makes the AUG, is not bankrupt,
    It's my understanding that Sabre was making them for Steyr. Since Sabre got shut down, who is now making the Aug?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I hate to veer so far off-topic here, but whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by JoshNC View Post
    I recommend you buy an AUG A3 or find a pre-89 import AUG. Steyr still makes the AUG, is not bankrupt, and parts (while expensive) have been available through Pete Athens at PJS Steyr AUG essentially since the AUG found its way the the US market. If you are looking to build up your own personal reference collection and plan to also buy an AUG, I think buying the FS2000 is reasonable. I own both and prefer the AUG for its ergonomics, parts availability, and ease of barrel change.
    My optimal purchase would be a 1980s imported AUG, however, as I'm currently residing in California, that puts a considerable limit on my options. I believe I'm stuck with the USR as the only factory Steyr option here.

I'm aware of the common MSAR ills, so going that route, my plan was to only go with a 3rd or 4th generation version, pick up a couple of spare parts sets (the bolt sleeve seeming to be the important part to have there), and a Ratworx hybrid AR bolt and 2020 hammer pack. I'm afraid that it would still put me in "lipstick on a pig" territory though.

The FS2000 is looking better and better vs. the previously mentioned options. In that case, I'm still stuck with an MFI extended brake or faux suppressor (yech!) due to the 30" overall length requirement here in Cali.
    Last edited by m03; 01-01-12 at 13:19.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Unhappy FS2000

My FS2000 has been in the gunsmith's possesion for the last 6+ months. I'm can't wait for all my custom work to be done, so I can finally fire it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Evildoer View Post
    My FS2000 has been in the gunsmith's possesion for the last 6+ months. I'm can't wait for all my custom work to be done, so I can finally fire it.
    What custom work are you having done to your fs2000?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I have had mine a long time and still haven't fired it yet.

Feedback Score

My take on my FS2000

Honestly I haven't put the 4k of rounds like the OP, but so far I'm really satisfied with the gun. It was a splurge buy at the end of my last deployment before I got out of the Army. I don't regret it one bit. The gun has served me well and I can say that the thing definitely grows on you. I really like being able to transition shoulders effortlessly for corners. It does that amazingly well. I've got the same setup as the OP, but I also have the 4x FTS magnifier, and M6X tac-light/red visible laser combo. However I usually only have the EO-tech with the MBUS gen 2's. It's crazy heavy if you put all that crap on it! Don't! I haven't modded my stock forend to accept a light, but that really would be the optimal weight solution for this gun. Keep in mind I'm thinking like a scout and I'm a little bitchy about carrying heavy guns even though AS A SCOUT I carried my M240B, M-4, and about half my ammo too. Even with everything strapped on the gun it's completely manageable even though it'll weigh more than the AR strapped with all the same goodies. I'm no pro wrestler but I'm not a twig either. I can see peoples gripe about the weight, especially if you strap every piece of tactical gear to the damn thing.

Since reading these posts I've purchased the "Judo-Chop" charging handle, and the Neu-trigger. They're on their way. Can't wait for that.

Like I said, I haven't shot nearly as many rounds as the OP, but I have to say it felt like the OP dumped everything he said in the garbage at the last minute. Kinda disappointed at that, but if it's true preach it. I'm sure you had your reasons, but it took me by surprise for sure. For my own experience, it has had no memorable jams, and no crazy double feeds where I ever had to do anything beside drop the mag and rack & reinsert. So far, so good (crosses fingers).

I've been watching all kinds of videos on how to camo in general, and I might post some hopefully successful attempts at MultiCam. I've got some other patterns I've done with the Yetti net. Looks pretty cool, but not a legit pattern such as multicam. Probably gonna screw it up a few times. Probably do some practice on helmets and magazines first.

Anyways, I'm new to the site, so hello, and what not. I look forward to exchanging ideas with each and all of you.

Feedback Score
    You guys know that the FS2000 is being discontinued.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by G19A3 View Post
    You guys know that the FS2000 is being discontinued.
    Source?
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic_Salad0892 View Post
    Source?
    http://fnforum.net/forums/fn-fs2000/...fs2000s-4.html

SgtStrykerUSMC43 is the FS2000 SME. Get em while u can. The FS2000 is gonna be another civilian FAMAS.
    Last edited by G19A3; 05-13-13 at 06:21.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by G19A3 View Post
    http://fnforum.net/forums/fn-fs2000/...fs2000s-4.html

SgtStrykerUSMC43 is the FS2000 SME. Get em while u can. The FS2000 is gonna be another civilian FAMAS.
    Thanks for posting that, bro.

I might just buy one of 'em on the chance they'll be worth 7k.
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast