Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The FN FS2000: A Complete Review *several updates*

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhurdan View Post
    Yeah, he's fast, but he's still not following the manual of arms. Nowhere that I've seen does it tell you to lock the bolt back prior to reloading. In fact, many would say that it's the cause of many of the malfunctions associated with the FS2000.
    Exactly right.

Even if it did not risk a malfunction, locking the bolt back before changing mags is also an extraneous motion because after you swap magazines you then have to reach back up and let it close. To his credit, the gentleman in the video is very, very quick. It would be simpler and greater economy of motion to replace the empty mag with a full one and then simply cycle the charging handle.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed L. View Post
    Exactly right.

Even if it did not risk a malfunction, locking the bolt back before changing mags is also an extraneous motion because after you swap magazines you then have to reach back up and let it close. To his credit, the gentleman in the video is very, very quick. It would be simpler and greater economy of motion to replace the empty mag with a full one and then simply cycle the charging handle.
    Yeah Im not quite sure why he insists on locking the bolt back. I mainly posted the video to disspell rumors that the FS2000 is 'slow to reload'. Sure its no AR, but even this guy is going pretty quick, and thats including the extra unneeded step.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydkristmas View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3GR6XvOSfk

Check out this guy, he doesnt seem to have a problem reloading the FS2000 quickly.
    To view the same guy reload magazines on the move while shooting live rounds with the FS2000 go to 2:09 and 2:51 of this video for a comparison with his previous video:

http://www.youtube.com/user/DyNo541#p/u/17/HLqfqa0KtRw
    Last edited by ChocLab; 08-11-10 at 00:27. Reason: Clarify

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Hosemaster.
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar View Post
    Hosemaster.
    Is that referring to the way he sprays rounds through every stage?

newb here

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Informative post.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar View Post
    Hosemaster.
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydkristmas View Post
    Is that referring to the way he sprays rounds through every stage?

newb here
    I recognize that guy!

I hear he hits everything he shoots at.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed L. View Post
    Exactly right.

I'm the guy in the video and I was just doing it for show.

I had a FS2000 and tossed it due to the inability to easily access the chamber without tools during a malfunction (it hardly ever malfunctioned) and its trigger which reminded me of a Black and Decker power drill. It was a very expensive toy to me and I traded it off a while ago. If it served a practical purpose for me, I'd still have it. It isn't a BAD rifle - it could use some adjustments.

Nice OP, you put a lot of work into this evaluation and it shows!
    Last edited by HK_Shooter_03; 08-11-10 at 21:21.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HK_Shooter_03 View Post
    I recognize that guy!

I had a FS2000 and tossed it due to the inability to easily access the chamber without tools during a malfunction (it hardly ever malfunctioned) and its trigger which reminded me of a Black and Decker power drill. It was a very expensive toy to me and I traded it off a while ago. If it served a practical purpose for me, I'd still have it. It isn't a BAD rifle - it could use some adjustments.

Thanks.

I remember you stated something similar over at AR15.com in the past, the "Black and Decker" comparison stands out in my memory.

The limited chamber access thing had me concerned initially, but after several thousand rounds, I have only had a couple malfunctions, and they were the type that were easily cleared by simply stripping the mag and racking the charging handle. I've yet to have to disassemble the gun to clear a malf.

Who knows, if this gun starts presenting issues in the future, we may part ways, but as of now its dead-nuts reliable, so I'm plenty happy with it.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HK_Shooter_03 View Post
    I recognize that guy!

I will say your mag changes were exceedingly smooth.

The lack of access to the chamber and the ability to easily diagnose a malfunction really worries me too.

Like I said, I WANT to like it.....it is the only bullpup that is truly ambidextrous, but I just can't get into them.

Anyone locally who wants to let me shoot the hell out of their's though, I'm open to that.
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    54 (100%)
    Templar,
    Next time I'm down that way you can shoot mine.
    SSG Jimmy Ide- KIA 28 Aug 10, Hyderabad, AFG

1SG Blue Rowe- KIA 26 May 09, Panjshir, AFG.

RIP Brothers

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast