Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The FN FS2000: A Complete Review *several updates*

Feedback Score
    90 (97%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar View Post
    Johnny Rico called and wants his carbine back.....
    I was actually going to say Master Chief called, he needs his weapon back, the Covenant have arrived.....
    JF Arms Company - Owner
    07/02 FFL/SOT

Sword & Shield Training Group - SSTG
    - Be the Sword & Shield for your community thru knowledge and skills.

----------------------
    EMT - Parkview DeKalb EMS

13 years of serving Northeast Indiana's citizens.
    ----------------------
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jwfuhrman View Post
    I was actually going to say Master Chief called, he needs his weapon back, the Covenant have arrived.....

Its actually kind of annoying, almost every time I go to the range, some kid under the age of 28ish inevitably asks me "Is that the gun from Modern Warfare????" I had no idea what this even meant at first, but apparently the gun features prominently in one of the newest video games. Im not a video game guy, so I had to have this explained to me. Kind of annoying having these little doofuses saying "oooh did you get that gun because you like it in the game??" I want to say no, you asshole, I've had it since before the damn thing even came out. Oh well

Feedback Score
    90 (97%)
    hahahaha, ya in MW2 the F2000 is in there. I actually like it, its accurate and FAST full auto. But you gotta shoot in 3-5rd controlled bursts. Alot of morons just hold the trigger down and get pissed when they cant hit anything.

But I was referring to the Halo game series. The "Assualt Rifle" M5A is what the F2000 looks like with the factory big tube Red Dot instead of the flat top.
    JF Arms Company - Owner
    07/02 FFL/SOT

Sword & Shield Training Group - SSTG
    - Be the Sword & Shield for your community thru knowledge and skills.

----------------------
    EMT - Parkview DeKalb EMS

13 years of serving Northeast Indiana's citizens.
    ----------------------
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jwfuhrman View Post
    hahahaha, ya in MW2 the F2000 is in there. I actually like it, its accurate and FAST full auto. But you gotta shoot in 3-5rd controlled bursts. Alot of morons just hold the trigger down and get pissed when they cant hit anything.

But I was referring to the Halo game series. The "Assualt Rifle" M5A is what the F2000 looks like with the factory big tube Red Dot instead of the flat top.
    Haha yeah I understood, I do remember that gun from Halo, my college roommate played that game a lot.

I guess to keep things on topic I'll add the fact that I have since put another 500 rounds (and havent cleaned it) since I wrote this review, and had no issues. All were steel cased Barnaul crappy ammo.

I also had a guy from another forum modify my front handguard to accept a G2 light, now all I need to do is order the pressure switch.

This allows for illumination capability without the added 2lb bulk of the tri rail. I predict the tri rail wont be in my possession much longer.

I've considered having the FS duracoated/refinished in a Tan/FDE scheme, something like this, but no idea where to begin though

No idea where to begin though
    Last edited by lloydkristmas; 08-16-10 at 12:09.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I finally read this thread this morning, and I'm being deadly serious, but I laughed while drinking and made a complete mess out of what was a nice dress shirt. Well done.
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titleist View Post
    I finally read this thread this morning, and I'm being deadly serious, but I laughed while drinking and made a complete mess out of what was a nice dress shirt. Well done.

Glad I could help jump start your day.

Actually, I kind of like them because they are different.
    Last edited by TOrrock; 08-16-10 at 16:33.
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I love mine.... as a range toy. Not to say I wouldn't trust it, but I'm just faster with the AR, mainly because I haven't devoted enough time to the FS2000. Bought mine at a silent auction for $1700 and got an amusing serial number. 006900, so I'll hold onto it and shoot it for fun until such time I have the resources and time to get better with it.

Anyone take out the rubber gasket in the mag well? Does it actually help during mag changes?
    Time flies when you throw your watch.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhurdan View Post
    I love mine.... as a range toy. Not to say I wouldn't trust it, but I'm just faster with the AR, mainly because I haven't devoted enough time to the FS2000. Bought mine at a silent auction for $1700 and got an amusing serial number. 006900, so I'll hold onto it and shoot it for fun until such time I have the resources and time to get better with it.

Anyone take out the rubber gasket in the mag well? Does it actually help during mag changes?
    I have not taken out the magwell dust gasket but I spoke to a guy who did.

It allows the mags to drop free upon depression of the mag release button, and slightly speeds mag insertion.

I dont really see the point though. Whats the point of a drop-free mag if the mag release has to be actuated by your weak hand anyway? Its not like an AR were you can do it with your trigger finger hand. You're gonna have to reach a hand up to the gun to remove a mag either way, so essentially all the drop free feature does it cause a mag to clatter to the floor that would normally (and with the same amount of effort) remain in your posession.

That, and I think it voids your warranty.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydkristmas View Post
    I have not taken out the magwell dust gasket but I spoke to a guy who did.

It allows the mags to drop free upon depression of the mag release button, and slightly speeds mag insertion.

I dont really see the point though. Whats the point of a drop-free mag if the mag release has to be actuated by your weak hand anyway? Its not like an AR were you can do it with your trigger finger hand. You're gonna have to reach a hand up to the gun to remove a mag either way, so essentially all the drop free feature does it cause a mag to clatter to the floor that would normally (and with the same amount of effort) remain in your posession.

That, and I think it voids your warranty.
    Wasn't so worried about the drop free part as much as I was about easing mag insertion. I know that forcefully inserting the mag home on insertion is a key part of even loading the AR, but wondered if it helped at all. Should have worded my questions better.
    Time flies when you throw your watch.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhurdan View Post
    Wasn't so worried about the drop free part as much as I was about easing mag insertion. I know that forcefully inserting the mag home on insertion is a key part of even loading the AR, but wondered if it helped at all. Should have worded my questions better.
    Ah I see. In that case, yes I assume it would slightly speed up mag changes, and maybe eliminate some of the extra attention required to make sure the mag is firmly seated.

I cant speak for all FS2000 owners, but I use teflon-coated GI style mags (C-Products) and they seem to slide in (and out) with relative ease. I dont think I've ever had an issue with a mag not being seated. However, I handled an FS at a local gun shop (equipped with the factory POS magazine) and it was a LOT harder to pull the mag out and re-insert it. Maybe it varies from rifle to rifle, maybe it just wasnt broken in, maybe the teflon-coated mags make that much difference, I dont know.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast