Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Closer look at the SIG 516...Still not impressed

Feedback Score
    When I saw the Sig 516, I thought "just what we need another AR clone"! They should stick to the 556, a real gas piston operated rifle, not just a modified AR. I would go for a 716, because it would be stepping up to a 7.62 at a good price point. Anyway, I think SIG is just trying to cash in on the AR bandwagon, and is failing miserably!
    Hey SIG, please stick to the 550 series rifles, its what you do best!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    One of my complaints with the 516 was the fact that the gas valve became difficult to adjust and/or remove once the valve body was fouled. I see with some interest that SIG has changed the gas block and valve on the 516 to resemble that used on the 716.

The valve on the 716 has lugs rather than threads that hold it in the block. Depressing a detent and rotating the valve 180-degrees frees the lugs from the block and it has been my experience that the 716's valve is easily removed.

I'm glad to see this change to the 516. I'll have to see if I can't find a fair price on one of the new style rifles.
    I have the gen 2 516. The has block/piston has changed and now uses a lug as you mentioned. It is easily removed and re-installed, clean or dirty.

From my mobile phone

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213