Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Closer look at the SIG 516...Still not impressed

Feedback Score
    54 (100%)
    Does it include the super cool T-1 clone?

Chalk this one up to a carbine that will never see the inside of my safe.
    SSG Jimmy Ide- KIA 28 Aug 10, Hyderabad, AFG

1SG Blue Rowe- KIA 26 May 09, Panjshir, AFG.

RIP Brothers

Feedback Score
    Whitey, what are your thoughts about shooting the piston, compared to a DI AR? I've handled the 556. There's something about the feel of it that I like but I can see visually that it is a little clunky looking compared to my AR's. Good luck ith yours, I'd like to know more about it, is there a review anywhere?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SuppressingFire View Post
    Whitey, what are your thoughts about shooting the piston, compared to a DI AR? I've handled the 556. There's something about the feel of it that I like but I can see visually that it is a little clunky looking compared to my AR's. Good luck ith yours, I'd like to know more about it, is there a review anywhere?
    Ive had it to the range only once and put a little over 200 rounds through it wiyhout any hic-ups. It seems like a solid gun to me and shot fairly smoothly. The same day I also fired the Ruger sr556. It was definately smoother than the sig but also alot more nose heavy.

I cant really give you a comparison between the sig and my last DI AR which was a Post ban Colt HBAR simply because I hadnt shot it for ten years or so and then sold it about a year ago. I just recently got back into shooting and decided I needed another AR. Ive gotten tons of negative input from both m4carbine and ar15.com but for my needs its perfect.

It feels solid and their is absolutely no play whatsoever between the upper and lower. No, its not a monolithic upper and you cant bridge an optic but I have no need for that. Its not a duty weapon its just for fun.

Oh and Im still not sending it back to Sig untill they get honest with me and tell me the real reason for the "recall". I supposedly have one of three 516s that needs an "elective upgrade". But what Sig doesnt know is that I know one of the other 516 buyers that also was contacted by Sig and they told us both something different as to why our rifles had to be sent back. So we may have a couple of rare birds.

I plan on getting to the range soon with the guy I sold my colt to, so i will better compare the two systems and the way they shoot.

Feedback Score
    I had the Sig out today and put another 300 rounds through it. It ran great with not a single problem and I ran it alot harder this time out. I also checked for signs of carrier tilt and have found none.
    Im still very pleased with the rifle.

Feedback Score
    Oh and Im still not sending it back to Sig

Feedback Score
    Ghjjj

Feedback Score
    My buis should be here today.

Feedback Score

I'll Stick with my LWRC

Sig makes great guns, no doubt about it. I'll stick with my LWRC. IMHO

Feedback Score
    I don't know how many of you guys are into other types of machines or technology, but this is all perfectly normal, with the piston stuff. Everybody develops something "new", they all do it slightly differently for awhile, with varying levels of success. Time and revenue will pretty well sort things out in a few years. God willing some sort of at least passable standard will arise, but if it's not being used by the gov I wouldn't count no it. Talk junk, by all means, but this is all a necessary part of the process for an industry and machine as a whole. And don't be surprised, if piston AR's die out, that somebody re-invents them later on. It happens every day, in every industry that has to find ways to keep selling the same old thing.

Stay tuned for the next big thing, the direct-gas-impingement AK-47.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Sig makes great guns, no doubt about it.
    I wouldn't go that far. Used to I would have. Then I bought a 226, a 22 kit for the 226, a 229, a 245, a 556, a 556 pistol and a P250 jammamatic since sent down the road. Now, I can't say they make a great gun. They make some great guns, some junk and some in between. Mostly in between. Putting a rail on every pistol they make is the dumbest thing I have ever seen a gun maker do. Well, maybe not the dumbest, but pretty dumb.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast