Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Final Report = "Fire To Destruction Test of U.S. M4A1 Carbine & M16A2 Rife Barrel(s)"

Feedback Score

Final Report = "Fire To Destruction Test of U.S. M4A1 Carbine & M16A2 Rife Barrel(s)"

Hello Guy's,

I happened across this, Final Report = "Fire To Destruction Test of U.S. M4A1 Carbine & M16A2 Rife Barrel(s)" .pdf document recently, & thought that others may be interested in reading it. Being from September 1996 it is somewhat dated, though still interesting nonetheless.

Regards, dpast32

http://www.dtic.mil/cgi-bin/GetTRDoc...f&AD=ADA317929

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thanks. Wish the pictures in the document were clearer.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    Yes, in the above video the barrel turns red hot, wilts, and explodes.

Yes, in the above video the range catches on fire.

Yes, it's freaking awesome.
    Last edited by Complication; 08-06-10 at 09:15.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    That was totally wicked!!!

It was really cool to watch things progress in the second video showing colts new heavy barrel.
    smoking,
    erratic ejection pattern
    fire (foregrips)
    more fire
    serious pitch change
    bolt action operations
    "Oh, its a wonderful day! My sun is shining, my birds are chirping, my humongous chicken defeated Elmo." Huxley

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    It's interesting to me that the M203 notch did not cause any issues in the second test.
    Last edited by wake.joe; 08-06-10 at 16:03.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wake.joe View Post
    It's interesting to me that the M203 notch did not cause any issues in the second test.
    the barrel gets the hottest about 3-4" from the bolt face. add to it the fact that this is where the barrel is thinnest, and that it's bearing all the weight of the rest of the barrel assembly, and the fore of the barrel wont ever get a chance to blow.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bkb0000 View Post
    the barrel gets the hottest about 3-4" from the bolt face. add to it the fact that this is where the barrel is thinnest, and that it's bearing all the weight of the rest of the barrel assembly, and the fore of the barrel wont ever get a chance to blow.
    And that is 100% proof why the Government Profile is ass-backwards!
    Gun-control is created by scum-tyrants, enforced by oath-breakers and supported by fools that's too ignorant to understand the Importance of being Armed.

When America was a "free country", people could mail order machine guns without question - and that's how it should still be.

I'd rather beat a bad guy to death with my Browning Hi-Power, than shoot him dead with a 'plastic' pistol.

If your path demands you to walk through Hell, walk like you own the place.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Reed View Post
    And that is 100% proof why the Government Profile is ass-backwards!
    either that or its proof that it's not wise to ram 18 magazines through your weapon full auto without pause... i havent decided which im going with, though.

how many more full auto magazines can you get through an hbar before failure? you're well past the point of cookoff by that time.. and it seems to me that the mark of "too much" should fall somewhere below cookoff. the weapon is out of the fight at that point either way, so what difference does it make if it can handle another three magazines before kB?

Feedback Score
    Do enough mag dumps and you'll blow the barrel of any firearm not equipped with auxiliary cooling. I know a Marine that did this (unintentionally) with a BAR...

...at Chosin - trying to keep the Chicoms at bay.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast