Thread: Stubby "entry" A2 style stock

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Stubby "entry" A2 style stock

I'm thinking of trying one of these - it's basically an A2 stock that's 7.25" long - the same as an M4 stock but a solid A1/A2 style.

Anyone tried one of these? How did you like it?

Question: It comes with a Carbine buffer and spring - will this work with either of my BCM middies (14.5" or 16") or should I go with one of the H-buffers? If so which buffer would you recommend?

I have an M4 stock on my 16" BCM lower and like it, but also like the idea of the stubby solid stock for the other middy (or vice-versa), but looking for input from those who've tried it - any pro's or cons would be appreciated.

Lastly, if you like it or have one who sells the best of the stubbies?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    take a look at the sully stock. i have no experience with them but i have heard nothing but good things.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I had a stubby stock during the ban years. I'd never use one again unless I was forced to by law. Besides legal compliance, I just don't think it offered me anything over a quality collapsible stock.

Heck, even if I was forced to have a fixed stock, I'd probably opt for a pinned collapsible so that I could have more sling mounting options.

Your middy will run fine on the carbine buffer, but switching to the H will generally make for a smoother shooter.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I ran them on several guns during the AWB. They were light, compact, and worked as designed. They were a good length to use in armor, but not without it or in certain other positions.

The Sully Stock is GTG. It has a longer LOP and is a bit heavier than the stubbys, but that may not be an issue for you.

I don't use either the Sully or stubbys anymore, opting instead for one of the better adjustables. I may not always use the adjustment they offer, but I prefer to have the option to.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I have an entry stock with a 1" spacer on my HD carbine.

It comes out to the same length of pull as the #3 position on a Vltor RE/Stock.

I use it with a single point sling and find that it works well for my needs.

Feedback Score
    So some of these entry stocks use the carbine buffer and receiver extension... hmmm

Can you just slide off the telescoping stock and quickly slide on the entry stock? I might be interested for a change of pace if the receiver extension doesn't have to be removed like with a normal A1 or A2 stock.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Can't speak for any others, but the one I had definitely did not use a carbine receiver extension. Yes, it used a carbine buffer and spring, but the receiver extension was just like a chopped down rifle version: it was smooth (i.e. no lower 'rail' with positions for a collapsible to lock into) and tapped at the end so that you could screw the buttpad into it, locking the stock on.