Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trijicon RMR, Aimpoint T-1, or EOTech XPS3

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Trijicon RMR, Aimpoint T-1, or EOTech XPS3

I currently have an EOTech XPS3-2 on my rifle, but I am trying to cut some weight off of my Colt 6940. I like the lower 1/3 sight picture, so to achieve that, I would have to add even more weight in the form of the Larue mount. That being said, I am thinking of switching to the Aimpoint T-1 or the battery powered Trijicon RMR. If anyone could give me their opinion and, more importantly, their experience in rating these optics, I would be much obliged. In short, which is the better optic, and why?

Feedback Score
    I have the exact same dilema...which of the three? I also often wonder why the RMR or Reflex stuff isn't more widely used.
    Burn the bridge behind you, leave no retreat; for there is only...one way home!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'd go with the Aimpoint T-1. The battery life is simply insane, and it has excellent reliability/durability.

The only reason I'd use a Trijicon RMR type optic is if the Micro would be too large (like, say, I was putting a RDS on a CCW pistol.
    I'm no expert, but I took my CCW course at a Holiday Inn Express

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Has anyone done any kind of durability tests on the RMR? The Aimpoint was my choice until I actually had the little Trij in hand. They are advertised as having an over 17,000 and up to 35,000 hour battery life.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Your XPS weighs 8 ounces according to EoTech. An EXPS weighs 11.2and gives the co-witness and QD. At the most you're saving 4-5 ounces with a T-1 and tall LT mount. If you want a T-1 then get it, but I don't see weight being a real issue. Wanting the T-1 is reason enough.

The RMR is a fascinating prospect. I have an 8 moa LED on order. I may try the RMR on my 7" SBR upper. Need to get the picatinny riser for it. I think it's going to be very light, but again, I don't see saving 8ounces as even noticeable. The book is out on durability and performance for the RMR, but it seems promising. If they prove durable I think you will see a lot of them on carbines.

Feedback Score
    I recently switched from a 552 to a T1 in a larue mount and here are my observations:
    Weight: Not a noticable differance, you'll see the differance in weight on paper, but in actual use I can't tell.
    Mounting: Mounting a T1 is great. I spent over an hour looking for my damn 5/64 wrench to take off my eotech. Then it took me like 10 seconds to mount/unmount the T1. Not a big deal because I leave my optics on and dont mess with them.
    Reticle: Another argument I've heard was the 4MOA dot would be less accurate for precision shots. That's BS IMO. I personally liked the 4moa dot better than my eo reticle. The selling factor for me is that I do not have to go through the brightness settings to set my T1, turn the knob and it's set.

In regards to my situation, My rifle is a patrol rifle that rides in my trunk every shift. I leave the T1 on and don't hafta worry about the optic at all. It's set and once I pull the rifle out and charge it, it's ready to go. No buttons to hit, nothing. That was the selling point for me switching to the T1. Recently deployed my rifle and my eotech was "dead" I kept hitting the up arrow and didn't get anything. After inspecting the optic, it was set on NV (I never mess with the NV button since I never run NV). User error, but I did not have time to figure out what was wrong, I needed my optic running as soon as I grabbed it. That was my main reason for switching to the T1
    Last edited by tip2oo3; 08-07-10 at 20:09.

Feedback Score
    I own an XPS and T1.

Both are good optics. Each has advantages and negatives. Pick your poison
    Kein Mitleid Für Die Mehrheit
    What Happened to the American dream? It came true. You're looking at it.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    variablebinary,

Could you elucidate?

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    RMR lacks the vertical FOV to be able to to do a lower 1/3 cowitness. It must be run with a fold down rear BUIS and the FOV is so minimal that you'll end up running it without the front sight up also.

If you want lower 1/3 capabilities, get a micro in a larue mount.
    "Life is short, but the years are long." - Robert A. Heinlein

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    This is what I'm going to end up doing. As soon as my EOTech sells, I'll be giving the Aimpoint a whirl.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast