Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trijicon RMR, Aimpoint T-1, or EOTech XPS3

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    On a bit of an aside, what mounts do y'all prefer for a lower 1/3 co-witness on the T-1? I'm looking at the Larue, the Knights, or the Daniel Defense.
    Last edited by rbabbitt767; 08-16-10 at 13:11.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I was just thinking about switching my t-1 to a trijicon RMR for my 10.3" SBR. I have come to the conclusion that it would be too difficult to get a good 1/3 co witness, which i need since I have a fixed front sight. Would love to have something with a slightly less obstructive FOV/doughnut that the small diameter of the t-1 (actually prefer the comp series sight picture), but the t-1 will work just fine.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    T1 all day and night.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    During my years on active duty, I've used Aimpoints, Trijicons and Eotechs quite a bit. I was a big Eotech fan until they started having issues in the earlier models. Fast forward to today, the choice of optic for my SBR came down to an H1/T1 or the EXPS2. I deliberated over this extensively, and was pretty much dead set on the Aimpoint. However, something kept me from clicking the check out button and I kept going back to the XPS/EXPS line. While the Aimpoint wins for battery life and weight savings, the HWS was my choice for the reticle design, wider FOV and faster target acquisition. I don't mind switching it on, especially if I train myself to activate it when needed, and the side mounted activation is a plus. No regrets, and I look forward to running it hard for as long as it'll hold up to extended use.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    For someone considering an Eotech vs. Aimpoint I think it comes down to this:

Is the holo/reticle of the Eotech worth it

vs

the edge in durability and huge edge in battery life of the Aimpoint.

I think you would be well served by either.

PRO has got to be the best RDS deal on the planet.
    Micro is better but at a half again cost premium.

I do have a 552 for the past several years, but my last two RDS purchases have been a PRO and a Micro.

If Aimpoint came out with a holo instead of a tube I think EoTech would be out of business.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ramairthree View Post

vs

I do have a 552 for the past several years, but my last two RDS purchases have been a PRO and a Micro.

If Aimpoint came out with a holo instead of a tube I think EoTech would be out of business.
    Please explain. Why would an HWS made by Aimpoint put Eotech (an American company btw) out of business? The newer Eotechs have proven to be very durable. Aimpoint would more than likely have to contend with the same challenges to produce an HWS with an extended battery life. Unless they developed some new tech that would keep it running as long as a Comp M4, I don't see an Aimpoint HWS offering more in the way of performance over an Eotech who has been getting at perfecting this tech much longer.

Sent from my ZTE V768 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Boba Fett v2; 09-26-13 at 10:40.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I had an RMR on my pistol and while it is very small, I think for a rifle i'd prefer the T-1. The RMR would be great if it was in addition to a low power optic in my opinion.

I have the T-1 on my current upper and love the thing! Love the design, battery life, and way it activates. I had a 552 and liked it, but of course it was heavier and battery life suffered. I also, much prefer the 2 MOA dot on the T-1 over the holo sight on the EOtechs.

If I was going to spend that kind of money i'd get another T-1 w/ Larue mount without hesitation.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I think EO tech has overcome the battery compartment issue, especially with the ones with the XPS style battery compartment. In the end it will come down to your preference. IMO both Aimpoint and EOTech are good to go. My choice would be the Aimpoint simply cause the HWS looks like a bunch of lines and dots instead of a solid reticle. My astigmatism screws up the reticle view. Wife on the other hand LOVES the HWS and hates the dot.

The RMR in my inexperienced opinion is a good backup. Unless you're super duper desperate to ditch an ounce or two in weight the other 2 are better choices.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boba Fett v2 View Post
    Please explain. Why would an HWS made by Aimpoint put Eotech (an American company btw) out of business? The newer Eotechs have proven to be very durable. Aimpoint would more than likely have to contend with the same challenges to produce an HWS with an extended battery life. Unless they developed some new tech that would keep it running as long as a Comp M4, I don't see an Aimpoint HWS offering more in the way of performance over an Eotech who has been getting at perfecting this tech much longer.

Sent from my ZTE V768 using Tapatalk 2
    Well said.
    I should have worded it:
    IF Aimpoint could come up with a holosight that matched the battery life and durability of their tube offerings,
    EoTech would be out of business.

And had not considered:
    IF Eotech could make advance their offerings to Aimpoint like battery life and the edge in durability,
    a lot less Aimpoints would be sold.

I am not an EoTech hater.
    Getting close to 8 years with them at work and play.
    I had my first RDS, and Aimpoint 1000, back in 87.
    I totally prefer the Eotech as a sight.
    I just wish it had Aimpoint battery life and durability.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ramairthree View Post

vs

Just like Trijicon shut Aimpoint down with their "solar powered" RDS?

No, Eotech has a great product, and we all can look back and see how many dead-ends and failed concepts they made along the way developing it. No company is going to just whip out a winner in an arena they aren't familiar with just because they know how to do SOMETHING ELSE well.

As to your second post about durability. I think they are PLENTY durable. Look at this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADRt4k_cUeo
    Last edited by WS6; 10-02-13 at 04:44.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast