Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Trijicon RMR, Aimpoint T-1, or EOTech XPS3

Feedback Score
    They are plenty durable.

I have been through 2 barrels and several deployments on my work M4 over the past 7 years and it still has the same working EoTech. And I have broken, scrapped, trashed, etc. plenty of other kit in the process. It is on it's second PEQ.

They get bad mouthed by many who are just parroting someone else's opinion and did not really form their own with experience.

But there is truth behind more of them breaking on average than the Aimpoints.

When you look at the long term use of dozens of guys with each, on average, the Comps have a little edge on, with slightly less of them not holding up.

I don't mean to give the impression that I hate EoTech. I prefer a holo sight to a tube.

But Aimpoint's name is growing and growing, they have a low price point item, the battery life, etc. I actually do think if they came up with the "Aimpoint Holosight Optic" (A-HO?) or something it would be a death blow to EoTech.

I am a long term liker of EoTech and I had to give the PRO and Micro a try as an example of Aimpoint's marketing and word of mouth advantage.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I've owned the Eotech 512 and the XPS3 before and I liked them a lot.

However, in recent years I couldn't help but turn to the Aimpoint Micro.

When using the Eotech in low-light environments, it gets harder to ID the target especially as the background starts to get more cluttered with trees, bushes, and whatever else there may be. You can replicate the issue I had with eotech sights by simply setting up paper targets around the house and turning the lights off around sunset. Do a quick dry fire drill "without ammo and empty chamber of course" around the house and add a timer to that drill. You will see that the 65 MOA reticle can get in the way as far as faster ID especially the smaller the intended target gets, especially when the target is small and surrounded with other objects in a low light environment.

For aesthetic reasons, I chose the Aimpoint T1 but performance wise, it does everything the Eotech does for me and more except for the marginal advantages that the 65 MOA ring gives. Which IMHO, is more like a double edge sword.
    Last edited by GambitVII; 10-02-13 at 19:40.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234