Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Serial Army phony at it again

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutshot John View Post
    As a squid (we didn't even get an American flag patch on our cammies) I ask out of complete ignorance...

Why is it wrong?

What should it be?
    John, see my post above. The unit patch on the right sleeve denotes participation with said unit in a combat theater where the operation lasts more than 30 days. The SF tab is not part of any SF or other unit patch, it is a special skill tab. The patch for an SF unit is the arrowhead with the Airborne tab immediately above, since every SF Group is an airborne unit. That is what should be on his right sleeve, assuming he actually served with said unit in a combat theater. Special skill tabs like SF or Ranger (Airborne tab is not a special skill tab, nor is the Mountain tab as in 10th Mountain Division) are worn on the left sleeve above the current unit patch.

He is wearing the National Colors correctly on the uniform.
    Last edited by kry226; 08-09-10 at 10:29.
    Hang up and drive.

Luke 22:35-38

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bkb0000 View Post
    looks like it's good ol' Billy Clark.. the same asshole who showed up at the i-40 bridge collapse and managed to convince everyone he was "in charge" for a couple days. he'd only just been released from prison a few months before. he was arrested and convicted of his many crimes during that fiasco, again, and served something like 6ish years, i think... and now here he is again.

freaken a.... might be time to just go ahead and take this guy out back. ****in freak.

After following the original thread on the other board apparently it is him.

Feedback Score
    54 (100%)
    As a general rule, your rank & file Army MP's are not issued badges, nor do they wear them.

Military Police Investigations (MPI) and Criminal Investigation Division (CID) (who are a different entity altogether, and are not classified as 31 series) personnel do carry badges.

In BDU's we had black brassards with unit patch worn on left arm while conducting LE operations while in garrison, or corresponding green/tan ones while deployed downrange and worn during convoy ops, MSR recons, etc.

A Captain does not generally work LE, unless designated as the military police duty officer (normally a senior NCO or LT), and there is no way this turd could be mistaken for an MP, Ranger or Special Forces operator. I don't think they make duty belts for size 66 waists....

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdWatcher View Post
    I've never seen an Special Forces MP. I served as an MP at Ft. Bragg in the mid-1970's (before they issued badges) and we NEVER wore our MP brassards when we weren't on duty. In addition, I think the MPs now wear a velcro 'MP' tab on their ACUs (and not badges).

As far as the SF stuff, they spent most of their time on Smoke Bomb Hill when I was at Bragg so I didn't see much of them. Being mostly NCOs and Officers they took care of their own problems so we didn't interact with them very much.
    Last edited by GermanSynergy; 08-09-10 at 11:30.
    SSG Jimmy Ide- KIA 28 Aug 10, Hyderabad, AFG

1SG Blue Rowe- KIA 26 May 09, Panjshir, AFG.

RIP Brothers

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutshot John View Post
    As a squid (we didn't even get an American flag patch on our cammies) I ask out of complete ignorance...

Why is it wrong?

What should it be?
    The Arrowhead patch is a unit patch and the correct tab to be worn with is is the "Airborne" tab which (usually) identifies the unit as one that have Jump Slots (NOTE: Just because someone is wearing a unit patch that incorporates the Airborne tab it doesn't mean that the individual wearing it is a Paratrooper).

The "Special Forces" tab is a skill identifier. It means that the individual wearing it has graduated (attended, successfully completed, AND was awarded the skill identifier) from the Special Forces Qualification Course at Fort Bragg, NC. Likewise the Ranger tab identifies someone who has graduated the US Army's Ranger School at Fort Benning, GA. Attending is not enough to wear these tabs.

You'd think that someone who is going to be a poser would take the time to actually research this type of information.
    We must not believe the Evil One when he tells us that there is nothing we can do in the face of violence, injustice and sin. - Pope Francis I

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlosDJackal View Post

(NOTE: Just because someone is wearing a unit patch that incorporates the Airborne tab it doesn't mean that the individual wearing it is a Paratrooper).
    Unless it's the 82nd. When I was stationed at for Bragg I was assigned to the 82nd. I refused to go to jump school, because my knees were already trashed. So they reassigned me to a different unit. I don't know if it's the same today as it was back then. But back then the 82nd was 100% airborne qualified.

A good friend of mine was also assigned to the 82nd. He got injured pretty bad on a jump and lost his jump status. Then they reassigned him as well.

And I don't know this to be fact or not, but I also believe the 101st was 100% air assault qualified.

And the above quote is especially true if it is warn on the right sleeve. I was in a support unit for Desert Storm. The unit patch we had to wear on our right sleeve when we got back was a unit I was never in, and it did have an airborne tab.
    Last edited by Fyrhazzrd; 08-09-10 at 12:21.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyrhazzrd View Post
    Unless it's the 82nd. When I was stationed at for Bragg I was assigned to the 82nd. I refused to go to jump school, because my knees were already trashed. So they reassigned me to a different unit. I don't know if it's the same today as it was back then. But back then the 82nd was 100% airborne qualified.

A good friend of mine was also assigned to the 82nd. He got injured pretty bad on a jump and lost his jump status. Then they reassigned him as well.

And I don't know this to be fact or not, but I also believe the 101st was 100% air assault qualified.
    And the above quote is especially true if it is warn on the right sleeve. I was in a support unit for Desert Storm. The unit patch we had to wear on our right sleeve when we got back was a unit I was never in, and it did have an airborne tab.
    101st is not. Sheer numbers prevent attaining 100%, not to mention that, like every other school I've been to, not everyone graduates Air Assault School.
    Hang up and drive.

Luke 22:35-38

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyrhazzrd View Post

Just to clarify my previous statement - what I am saying is just because someone is wearing an Airborne tab as part of their unit patch it doesn't mean they are Jump Qualified. You can be assigned to an Airborne unit without being Airborne Qualified just as you can be assigned to an SFG without being SF (they need REMFs too ).

However, most Airborne units do require that you eventually attend and complete the Basic Airborne Course or you're gonna be transferred out.

As far as someone wearing a Combat Patch that has an Airborne tab has to be qualified - there are quite a few members of my unit who are doing just that. Being in a Specialty that routinely has us attached individually or by teams to various units (to include SF and other SOCOM units); we have quite a few Soldiers who have not made it to Airborne School but are sporting Combat Patches that do have Airborne tabs.
    We must not believe the Evil One when he tells us that there is nothing we can do in the face of violence, injustice and sin. - Pope Francis I

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlosDJackal View Post
    ...we have quite a few Soldiers who have not made it to Airborne School but are sporting Combat Patches that do have Airborne tabs.
    That's 90% of my unit now. Nearly everyone is sporting a 101st combat patch, but only a small fraction have been to jump school.
    Last edited by variablebinary; 08-09-10 at 19:38.
    Kein Mitleid Für Die Mehrheit
    What Happened to the American dream? It came true. You're looking at it.

Feedback Score
    Paint him purple and let him impersonate Barney. This pear shaped dipshit couldn't fight his way out of a Doritos bag.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have a question for the .mil guys.

Why is this guy and others like him able to just go online and buy this stuff. I understand buying ACUs and such, but being able to buy ribbons and things of that nature....

Thats just wrong...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast