Thread: PACT Timer Issues

Feedback Score

PACT Timer Issues

Was hoping someone might have a suggestion for me. I picked up a PACT Club Shot Timer 3 from MidwayUSA a couple of months ago. Just recently I've been having issues with the review function. When I shoot a string of shots and go back to review, the times are all screwed up. For example, instead of reading out-

1- 1.35
    2- 1.61
    3- 1.89
    4- 2.10

It reads out-

1- 745.21
    2- 749.23
    3- 756.33
    4- 765.24

I've tried yanking the battery, but to no avail. It clears out the history but as soon as I shoot another string, it shows the same times.
    “Sometimes its not enough to do your best, sometimes you must do what is required.”- Sir Winston Churchill

"If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got."

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chubs View Post
    Was hoping someone might have a suggestion for me. I picked up a PACT Club Shot Timer 3 from MidwayUSA a couple of months ago. Just recently I've been having issues with the review function. When I shoot a string of shots and go back to review, the times are all screwed up. For example, instead of reading out-

1- 1.35
    2- 1.61
    3- 1.89
    4- 2.10

It reads out-

1- 745.21
    2- 749.23
    3- 756.33
    4- 765.24

I've tried yanking the battery, but to no avail. It clears out the history but as soon as I shoot another string, it shows the same times.
    I had the same problems with mine after a couple months of use. I actually sent mine back, waited about 3 weeks, then got it back to find it was doing the same thing. After talking to cust. service over the phone, the problem apparently is the timer's sensitivity.

Adjust it up or down (can't remember which way produces the 700ish errors). This can be done with a very small screwdriver on a white plastic screw that can be found under the battery. It should fix your problems, I know it worked for me. But fwiw, I never head to the range anymore without a screw to adjust my PACT's sensitivity.
    Aimpoint M4S- Because your next Aimpoint battery hasn't been made yet.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    That would be adjusting the receiver's sensitivity, wouldn't it?

Related question, I sometimes get splits of .10-.12 when shooting at indoor ranges. On the surface that seems awesome, but it's not me producing those (I wish); they appear in between actual shots taken.

I'm presuming that they're being caused by an echo, since they occur when I can't attribute it to other shooters. Is this a sensitivity thing, or simply environment?
    Contractor scum, PM Infantry Weapons

Feedback Score
    Bushmaster, thanks for the heads up. I'll have to give that a go and see if I can't iron the issue out.

JSantoro, along the same lines of what you stated, my first shot typically shows at .01. I'm assuming this is due to the sensitivity and the echo from the indoor range.
    “Sometimes its not enough to do your best, sometimes you must do what is required.”- Sir Winston Churchill

"If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got."

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chubs View Post

1- 1.35
    2- 1.61
    3- 1.89
    4- 2.10

It reads out-

1- 745.21
    2- 749.23
    3- 756.33
    4- 765.24

You're off to a good start like you were asked. Keep it up and I might let you stick around.