Thread: Please Advise On Build

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Please Advise On Build

Hello All!

This is my first post here, I have been reading and learning here for a little while.

I am wanting to build an AR at least on par with the infamous Colt 6920.
    Now before bashing commences, allow me to attempt to explain.

I realize the 6920 is THEE one AR most if not all others are "judged" by.

What I want to know is, can a clone be built to at the least meet, but possibly exceed the 6920 in area such as accuracy? some accesorries/modifications?

I really am not looking to sacrifice reliability/dependability for an additional moa of accuracy at 200yds or so, but what I am asking is, can a carbine be built just as dependable as the 6920, but maybe with accuracy approaching an SPR type of build?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    If you want a 6920, why not buy a 6920?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have a stripped lower I bought when all prices inflated, and was wondering if it could be the start or not?
    I am certainly not apposed to buying a 6920, as this is what Iam wanting, but with a RRA stripped lower already in the safe??? Well at the least trying to learn more.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    And add a free float rail to help wring out as much accuracy as possible.

Feedback Score
    54 (100%)
    OP,
    My suggestion would be to simply buy the carbine you want, and use that spare lower to build another. Also, don't overlook offerings from Daniel Defense & BCM.
    SSG Jimmy Ide- KIA 28 Aug 10, Hyderabad, AFG

1SG Blue Rowe- KIA 26 May 09, Panjshir, AFG.

RIP Brothers

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GermanSynergy View Post
    OP,
    My suggestion would be to simply buy the carbine you want, and use that spare lower to build another. Also, don't overlook offerings from Daniel Defense & BCM.
    I agree. Also, you could possible buy separate upper and lowers and get to "play" with your build a little. This way it is somewhat customized to your liking. Sounds like you want a Precision gun. I think G&R, Grant has some Precision uppers, along with many others. Then grab up a BCM or LMT lower and

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Alright ladies and gentlemen, I have followed the advise given by much wiser than I, I bought a 6920....NOW, need to build the strippped reciever....I have been bitten by this AR bug, and INFECTED!!!!!

Sooooo, please help me, the worst part is, I am not absolutely sure of what I would like to build!

Details are as follows, Rock River Stripped Lower I n Need Of Build!

Feedback Score
    Those are nice stripped lowers imo.

-Slap a Noveske N4 Recce complete upper on it. I believe Bravocompanyusa.com sells them.

-G&R Lower Parts Kit, or DD

-Stock of your choice, I have the vltor Emod and I like it a lot.

-DD Hand guard. Assuming you get the noveske mid-length upper get the DD omega 9 rail.

One thing I don't think you mentioned is optics. For both rifles I would look into an Aimpoint of some flavor. I have the M4S and like it a lot.....
    Last edited by payj; 08-29-10 at 13:16.

Feedback Score
    I would shoot the heck out of your 6920 first. Use it as a basis for what you feel you need for your second AR.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Col_Crocs View Post
    I would shoot the heck out of your 6920 first. Use it as a basis for what you feel you need for your second AR.
    Yeh, this.

How can anyone here give you advice on what kind of rifle you need/want? You're going to have to make that decision yourself, and the best way to do that is shoot the Colt, find out what aspect of your shooting expectations it doesn't cover.

But here's a hint...consider registering your RR lower as an SBR...
    Last edited by Hmac; 08-29-10 at 19:45.